ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Two Wheeler Insurance
Total Articles: 238
"One of the most important things to do when you purchase a two wheeler is to get insurance covering the two wheeler from various risks. Two wheeler insurance is insurance that covers the risk of loss and damage to a two wheeler.
There are two types of two wheeler insurance:
• Comprehensive cover that covers all different types of losses
• Third party liability policies.
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy covers the loss or damage to the two wheeler such as:
• Theft or burglary
• Damage to the two wheeler due to natural calamities such as flood, earthquake, cyclone, hurricane, fires, lightning etc.
• Damage to the two wheeler due to man made calamities such as riots, terrorist attacks etc.
• Any damage during travel
• Damage to the driver during travel
A liability policy covers the risk that a third party may sue the driver for any damage in an accident.
It is possible to take either a third party liability policy or a comprehensive policy that covers all types of risks. Insurance companies provide different two wheeler insurance policy that covers these different risks.
However, a two wheeler insurance policy does not cover risks of damage due to war, nuclear attacks, depreciation or natural wear and tear etc. It also does not cover any damage in case the person driving the vehicle is not the driver or policyholder. If the driver does not have a valid license or was driving under influence, then the insurance policy also does not cover any damage.
How much premium should be paid?
The premium for a two wheeler insurance policy depends on the insured value of the vehicle. This value is calculated as the ex showroom price of the two wheeler. However, this value reduces every year because of natural wear and tear of the vehicle. This natural wear and tear or depreciation reduces the value of the vehicle every year.
The premium also depends on a few other factors such as:
• Model of the two wheeler
• Age of the two wheeler
• Place of registration (A vehiche in a remote or hilly area may have a higher premium)
• No claim bonus
Insurance companies give no claim bonus to policyholders who do not make any claims in the previous year. However, this is only given to customers who renew their policy and not to new customers who have not made any prior claims with other insurers.
Two wheeler insurance online:
It is very convenient to buy and renew a two wheeler insurance policy online. Most of the insurance companies have their policies online on their website and these policies are also available at the different insurance aggregator websites.
Insurance companies may give discounts to policyholders who are regular and repetitive customers and to those who buy two wheeler insurance online. Since buying two wheeler insurance is mandatory in India, it is better to buy a policy online to ensure your two wheeler is covered against risks and damages.
Author Bio:- Neha Sharma is a finance student who loves to write in her free time. She has spent considerable time researching about two-wheeler insurance. Through her work, she explained in-depth information on bike insurance
Investing / Finance Articles1. A Professional Vat Consultant Can Take Your Business To Heights
Author: Rahul Gangwar
2. Reasons To Schedule Your Goa Trip In Monsoon
Author: Goa Tourism, Goa package
3. Places That Are Ideal To Be Considered As Last Minute Travel Destinations In India
Author: Neha Sharma
4. Top 5 Cryptocurrency Exchanges In Hong Kong
5. What Is The Minimum Credit Score Needed For Home Loan?
Author: Martin King
6. What Are The Tricks To Manage Risk In The Stock Market?
7. How You Can Start Va Loan Application A Process?
Author: Security America Mortgage
8. Places To Visit During Your Summer Holiday In France
Author: Seenu Mathew
9. Ways In Which Your Personal Loan Affects Your Credit Score
Author: Naveej C R
10. Business Valuation In Dubai
11. Fha Loan Information- What And Why Fha Are Taken?
Author: Anu Walia
12. The Significance Of Hard Money Commercial Loans For Real Estate Business
Author: Chris Goulart
13. Are Credit Score Not Important With Bad Credit Payday Loans?
Author: Elizabath Kenny
14. Credit Counselling For Successfully Maintaining The Credit Scores
Author: Daniel Stewart
15. Understanding The Responsibility Of Mortgage Lenders
Author: Anu Walia