ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why My Garage Door Isn’t Working? 4 Possible Reasons
Total Articles: 4
As a leading service provider of garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC, we have dealt with every problem you can think of. We often find that people struggle to open or close their garage door from different reasons. So, what these top 4 reasons could be? Let's find out:
Your photo eye is obstructed:
The majority of garage door openers from 1993 feature photo eyes which perceives if a person or object is obstructing the door from lowering all the way. The photo eye will be nearly 4 to 6 inches off of the ground for majority of the doors, with an eye that's almost the size of a pea. It spurts a laser across the length of the garage that, if obstructed, the door will not close.
The power source of your operator is disrupted:
Many times, people unplug their power supplies and then ponder why their door opener falls short to work. Sounds bizarre, I know, but it does occur. Ensure that your garage door opener is plugged into a working outlet. Sometimes outlets go without warning, so you can check to see if the outlet is functioning by plugging another functional electronic device into it. Also, check your circuit breaker, fuse, or GFC.
Broken Torsion springs:
Snap...bang...boom. That's the sound you will hear when the garage door torsion spring breaks down. It can be a pretty loud sound that sounds like a gunshot or a firecracker. Springs are rated for a particular number of cycles & are the 1st thing that'll break in your garage door mechanism. Broken springs are number one source of homeowners call for garage door repair services. If you have a broken torsion spring, never attempt to open the door, as it can be pretty dangerous. Spring repair should be left to a pros or someone with the right skills and proper tools.
Your cables have popped off or snapped:
Just like on a bike sprocket, your cables can sometimes come of the drums(spolls). Quite often, when a torsion spring breaks down, the door cable will break as well. Sometimes, the cable will prompt injury to a wall or vehicle, and if a person happens to be in the way of the cable it can prompt severe injury. Call a garage door professional immediately if your cables have snapped.
Garage doors are complicated mechanisms, therefore they need the attention of a professional who provide garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC. Don't try to be a DIYer and avoid injures while doing so.
This article is written by Thrifty Garage Door – a reliable garage door service that offers prompt Garage Door Repair in Maple Ridge, BC and the surrounding areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. Staircase Safety Design Tips
Author: Millie Jones
2. Could Aging Air Conditioning In Baldivis Be Driving Up Your Energy Bills?
3. 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Kitchen Space
Author: Sunita Arvind
4. 5 Simple Home Decor Ideas To Make Space Look Trendy
Author: Sunita Arvind
5. Useful Tips To Keep Your Air Duct Clean, Fresh And Safe
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
6. Reasons For Calling An Expert To Repair The Home Appliances.
Author: Anu Walia
7. Hardwood Floor Or Wood Looking Ceramic Tile. Got Stuck?
Author: villo home
8. How To Opt For A Fantastic Bathroom Remodel In San Francisco?
Author: Logan Daniel
9. Common Things To Do That Keeps Your Upholstery Clean For Longer
Author: Lilian Facy
10. Top Six Benefits Of Hiring An Architect For Planning And Designing Your Home
Author: Garry Stacks
11. Know Why Using Sheds In Constructions Prove To Be An Affordable Solution
Author: Michael Gilmore
12. Four Interesting Ways To Use Carports
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
13. Know How To Be A Perfect Proposal Planner And Create Wonders In The Real Estate Field?
Author: Adam Leworthy
14. What Makes The Commercial Electrical Contractors Stand Out From Others
Author: Anthony Crummer
15. Are You Looking For Fence Installation Service Providers? Here’s How To Proceed!
Author: Katherine Branson