ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why My Garage Door Isn’t Working? 4 Possible Reasons
As a leading service provider of garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC, we have dealt with every problem you can think of. We often find that people struggle to open or close their garage door from different reasons. So, what these top 4 reasons could be? Let's find out:
Your photo eye is obstructed:
The majority of garage door openers from 1993 feature photo eyes which perceives if a person or object is obstructing the door from lowering all the way. The photo eye will be nearly 4 to 6 inches off of the ground for majority of the doors, with an eye that's almost the size of a pea. It spurts a laser across the length of the garage that, if obstructed, the door will not close.
The power source of your operator is disrupted:
Many times, people unplug their power supplies and then ponder why their door opener falls short to work. Sounds bizarre, I know, but it does occur. Ensure that your garage door opener is plugged into a working outlet. Sometimes outlets go without warning, so you can check to see if the outlet is functioning by plugging another functional electronic device into it. Also, check your circuit breaker, fuse, or GFC.
Broken Torsion springs:
Snap...bang...boom. That's the sound you will hear when the garage door torsion spring breaks down. It can be a pretty loud sound that sounds like a gunshot or a firecracker. Springs are rated for a particular number of cycles & are the 1st thing that'll break in your garage door mechanism. Broken springs are number one source of homeowners call for garage door repair services. If you have a broken torsion spring, never attempt to open the door, as it can be pretty dangerous. Spring repair should be left to a pros or someone with the right skills and proper tools.
Your cables have popped off or snapped:
Just like on a bike sprocket, your cables can sometimes come of the drums(spolls). Quite often, when a torsion spring breaks down, the door cable will break as well. Sometimes, the cable will prompt injury to a wall or vehicle, and if a person happens to be in the way of the cable it can prompt severe injury. Call a garage door professional immediately if your cables have snapped.
Garage doors are complicated mechanisms, therefore they need the attention of a professional who provide garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC. Don't try to be a DIYer and avoid injures while doing so.
This article is written by Thrifty Garage Door – a reliable garage door service that offers prompt Garage Door Repair in Maple Ridge, BC and the surrounding areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Remove Water-based Stains From Your Carpet
Author: Austin Baines
2. Here’s The Best Home Appliances You Surely Need
3. Follow All Instructions On How To Get Rid Of Ants & Bees Nest
Author: Anna Benes
4. How Should The Moulds Be Removed And When To Take Expert Help?
Author: Elvin Dao
5. Florence Broadhurst Rugs Reasons To Own It For Your Busy Family Home
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. House Painters In Abbotsford - Why You Need Them
Author: Sam Philippe
7. Popular Firewoods For Starting Fires
Author: Michael Foley
8. Reasons To Work With An Interior Design Specialist
Author: Fab Modula
9. Steps You Need To Follow When Choosing An Interior Designer
Author: Kitchen Crafts
10. Exactly How To Tidy Gutters And Also Downspout By High Rain Gutter Cleaning Sacramento
Author: Cindy Harris
11. Interior Decoration Ideas For Living Room
Author: Homes Construction
12. 6 Top Things You Must Do When Moving Into A New Home
Author: Isabella Whitmore
13. Top Home Cleaning Tips For Thanksgiving
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
14. Tips On How To Choose Kitchen Cabinets That Complement Your Countertops
Author: Brittany Jones
15. Transform Your Office With Interior Plant Services
Author: Michele Sokoloff