ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Is Pearson Test Of English And Why It Is Required?
Total Articles: 2
PTE Stands for Pearson Test of English and it is done by computer. Which means when you are going for the examination you will be dealing with computer. It is an online exam and no human interaction will be involved. So, it is very important that you should be good on typing speed. The time allocated for this examination is approximately 3 hrs.
Now let’s discuss the basic structure of PTE Examination.
It consists of 3 Parts:-
1. Speaking & Writing
Let’s discuss in detail
1. Speaking and Writing
Time allotted to speaking and writing is approximately 77-93 mins.
In speaking section, the first task is to give your general introduction. After that the main test will begin which will further include the following topics.
(1) Read Aloud: - A paragraph will be given on the screen; you need to speak clearly and calmly.
(2) Repeat sentence:- A small recording will be played; you need to repeat exactly as you hear it.
(3) Describe image:- You will see an image on the screen which may include a bar graph, line graph, pie chart, a map or an image. You need to describe in your own words.
(4) Retell lecture:- You will hear a short lecture. You need to retell in your own words what you hear.
(5) Answer Short Question:- In this section, you need to answer in a single line or just one word.
(6) Summarize written Text:- In this section, a text will be written for around 200 words you need to summarize the text in a single line in your own words.
(7) Write Essay:- A question will be asked on a general topic and you have to write an essay on it in about 200-250 words.
In this section approximately 32-41 mins are provided to complete this task.
This section is a comprehensive section, which will further include the following parts.
1. Multiple choice- multiple answers:- In this task, a text will be written for around 100-150 words. You need to select all the correct answers.
2. Re-order Paragraph:- In this task, different paragraphs will be in incorrect order. So, you need to select the correct order.
3. Fill in the blanks:- This task is very important and scoring. A text will be given with some missing words. You need to select the correct word to complete the sentence.
In this section, 45-57 mins are provided to finish this task. This section consists of following parts.
1. Summarize Spoken Text:- In this task, a lecture will be played. You need to write a short summary in your own words.
2. Multiple choice - choose multiple answers:- This task is also very important. In this task, a recording will be played and you need to answer the question by selecting the correct answer as you listen the recording.
3. Fill in the blanks:- In this task, you will hear a short audio recording. You need to write the words which are missing from the given text.
4. Highlight correct summary:- This is one of the scoring task. In this task, a short recording will be played and you need to select the correct paragraph that relates to the recording.
5. Select missing words:- In this task a short recording will be played. At the end of the recording, the last word is being replaced by a beep and you need to select the correct word from the given options.
6. Highlight incorrect words:- This task is also very important. A recording will be played and some of the words are written incorrectly in the given text. So, you need to highlight all the incorrect words.
7. Write from dictation:- This task is also very important. Many students face problems in this task. In this part, you will hear a sentence. You need to type the sentence in the given textbox.
8. Multiple choice - choose single answer:- You will hear a recording and you need to answer the question by selecting one correct option from the given answers & only one response will be correct.
So, this is all about PTE Academic Examination. Which is about 3 hours, and if you are going for PTE Exam, you must adhere to the exam structure. You must check the earphones before you start the test. If you found, your equipment is not working or you are facing some issues with computer. Please inform the invigilator. Also, you are not allowed to take any pen or pencil in the exam center. Erasable note book will be provided to you, where you can make notes. Only and Only! A valid passport is required.
Education Articles1. Does Management Study Helps To Grow The Management Skills
Author: Girija Nandi
2. Things To Consider Before Choosing An Mba Programme
Author: Divya Sharma
3. Having Trouble Dealing With Your Projects? - Get Assignment Help!
Author: Having trouble dealing with your Projects?
4. What Are The New Highlights Of Selenium 4
5. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Civil Services
Author: Somnath Ranjan
6. Approach To Teaching Life Skills To Students
Author: Gurukul The School
7. Know Why Should You Enrol In Robotics Classes And What Are The Aspects?
Author: Ankur Anand
8. Is Assignment Help Need Of The Hour??
Author: quick and wonderful assignment help
9. The Teacher-student Relationship That Must Exist In The Classrooms
Author: Alpine Convent School
10. Enabling Children To Widen Their Intellectual Boundaries
Author: Gurukul The School
11. Data Science Training In Hyderabad
12. Discipline Policy At Gurukul Towards Creating An Environment Of Collaboration
Author: Gurukul The School
13. Upcoming Government/private Jobs
14. A Few Tips To Master Foreign Languages
Author: Ashley Baker
15. Top 3 Optional Subjects For Upsc Mains
Author: Rahul Sharma