ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Be Environment Friendly With A Home Energy Management System
Home energy management systems, are ideal solutions to reduce the energy consumption and lower the utility bills, assisting households to go green. Fortunate for home owners, your home security system can help a double role in this respect, allowing you the ability to manage thermostats and lights for both convenience and safety remotely. Those homeowners who have home security systems in place, 40 percent have an interest in energy management solutions to get the benefits mentioned above.
In this blog, we highlight how customers can decrease home energy intake by bundling temperature control and automated lighting into their home security systems.
Automated Temperature Control On average, Americans spend $163 every month on utilities both electric and gas; that’s $1,956 annually. The significant expenditure is heating and cooling with as far as half of the energy intake going toward temperature control.
That being said, managing of your thermostat could meaningfully lessen your carbon footprint, and consequently, reduce your bill. As per the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "a programmable thermostat can save you around $180 annually on energy bills.
With an interactive home security system, you can produce modified schedules for your thermostat that be apt for your daily life. For example:
Modify temperature settings remotely; all you require is a mobile app or web browser.
Set your smart thermostat to regulate the temperature when you are away or asleep to remove excessive energy use.
Automatically adjust your thermostat for when you return or leave home by syncing it with the home security sensors.
Programmable Lighting Additionally to the remote thermostat control, an interactive smart home automation alarm system permits you to turn appliances and lights on and off while you are away.
This means that if you mistakenly leave your lights on after departing the house, you can log in to your home security system online or through your cellphone to turn them off. The outcome is more convenience and control, and niftier energy usage.
With some security systems, you can also sync your lights with the motion sensors. This way, they’re automatically turned off when you are not in the room, decreasing the unnecessary use of electricity.
Home and Garden Articles1. Tips To Choose The Right Painter For Your House
Author: Nashil Munshi
2. Top Four Ways Of Electronics Recycling In Austin
Author: Bryson Kaleb
3. Common Mistakes With Synthetic Grass Installation And Why Professional Installation Is Advised
Author: Tim Kennedy
4. What Are The Best Colours To Paint The Exterior Of A House?
Author: Nashil Munshi
5. 4 Common Reasons For Furnace Repairs
Author: Ron Neeley
6. Tips To Choose The Right Sliding Patio Door For Your Home
Author: Barry La Grange
7. Why Professionals Are Required For Flat Roof Repair In Dublin?
Author: Danny O'Dwyer
8. Reasons To Have Wooden Venetian Blinds
Author: Simon Wang
9. Ways To Have Bee Removal Without Killing?
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Few Points To Consider While Hiring A Lawn Mowing Service Provider
Author: Rodney Back
11. 6 Crucial Things To Check Before Moving Into A New House
Author: Isabella Whitmore
12. The Tools Recommended For Correct Installation Of Garage Doors
Author: Sudip Adhikari
13. Uses Of Artificial Vertical Garden
Author: Dekorr by aavana
14. Kurl-on Continues To Expand Product Portfolio, Further Consolidating Market Leadership In India’s Gr
15. Are You Planning To Paint Your Restaurant? Here Are Some Tips For You
Author: Sam An