ALL >> Education >> View Article
Total Articles: 153
Hadadian and Koch, (2009) provide an interesting discussion on issues of labeling children with developmental delays. The authors have thoroughly analyzed some of the concerns in serving children with special needs. The problem of inconsistent eligibility criteria among states is one of the most striking aspects of this article. The authors show that the lack of in consisted enactment of DD poses various challenges including many children being left out from receiving the special services. I strongly feel that there should be a distinct body to ensure that eligibility criteria follow the same process and standards.
These standards have to be the same across the board to ensure that all American children in need of special services receive the best education and support. It is also essential to have a single body responsible for overseeing these practices. Thus, there have to be better ways of enacting a policy for the same eligibility measurement and assessment. I am in strong support of the importance of high-quality early childhood education and the effects it can have on children. Through such early education programs, many children with developmental delays can overcome their challenges and catch up with other children in mainstream education.
Children who are not labeled DD may a time need support in their learning. Together with their parents these children need help in interacting with others in Kindergarten classrooms. Thus, those children not practicing the expected practices should not be left to struggle. Teachers and special education teachers have to ensure that children from the birth to eight years of age are at a critical developmental stage. The authors identify these phases as the critical period for successful acculturation into the public education system (190). Thus, it is essential that the DD label be extended to include children in elementary school so that they receive appropriate help.
Hadadian A., and Koch, K (2009) Issues in Labeling Young Children with Developmental Delay: Whose Responsibility is it? Early Childhood Journal for Special Education, 5(2), 187-199.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in research paper writing service. If you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from online research paper help services.
Education Articles1. The Right Economics Tuition For You
Author: Economics Tuition
2. Online Courses - Pro-elearning | Software Online Training
3. How To Choose Your College For Bms
Author: Indsearch Pune
4. Php Frameworks Guide & Top 10 Best Php Framework 2019
5. Top 7 Ui Trends Users Will Love In 2019
6. Rajasthan Patwari Vacancy 2019 | Rajathan Patwari Recruitment 2019
7. Why English Language Training Is A Must For The Students Who Are Moving Abroad
Author: Mia Seal
8. Real Fur And Its Benefits In A Brief
Author: Ravjit Soin
9. Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions About Civil Engineering
Author: SIT Pune
10. 4 Signs To Guarantee That You Have Chosen The Right Gofundme Alternative
Author: Steven Bergeron
11. The New Highlights Coming To Java 13
12. Options To Hire The Most Sincere And Experienced Security Camera Experts
Author: Mark Palsan
13. Steps To Become A Smart Driver For Getting A Better Earning Opportunity
Author: Alzbeta Berka
14. Options To Become A Qualified Teacher For Increasing Your Employability
Author: Alzbeta Berka
15. Advanced Digital Marketing Training In Madhapur Hyderabad