ALL >> Education >> View Article
Study In Canada To Become More Attractive With Easier Post-study Work Visa Requirements
There are more reasons to cheer for students who study in Canada, which has time and again topped the list of favorite countries for pursuing overseas education among students from countries such as India, Nepal, Bangladesh and other countries from the Indian sub-continent and the rest of Asia. International students who plan to work after they study in Canada, will be happy to note that the Canadian government is introducing new rules, which will allow students to have additional time after their graduation, to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which will allow them to live and work in Canada.
In order to apply for the PGWP, a student should have taken up a course that leads to a degree and lasts for at least 8 months. The PGWP allows the student to live and work in the country for three years, which can be used as Canadian experience when applying for PR in Canada.
As per the latest changes, students who hitherto had just 90 days to apply for their PGWP after their graduation will now be given a 180-day window during which they can apply. The countdown for the period of 180-days commences on the day when the student completes his study in Canada(https://globaltree.in/services/abroad-education/study-in-canada/).
Positive Changes for PGWP after Study in Canada
The Canadian government has also put in place the following changes to the visa rules
1. Students are no longer required to have a valid study permit on the date of application in order to apply
2. Students will now be allowed to apply for the visa from their home country. This can be a great boon to Indian students who wish to return home immediately after completing their course, as it will not jeopardize their chances of getting the PGWP.
The PGWP plays an important role in the government of Canada’s plans to increase immigration of skilled labor in the country. International students who study in Canada and get the PGWP can earn points for their work experience in Canada, which can benefit them during the application for PR under the Canada Express Entry Program(https://globaltree.in/services/immigration/canada-immigration-consultant/express-entry/) – Canadian Experience Class stream. Many students from India who go to study in Canada also plan to continue working in Canada and eventually apply for a PR visa.
Canada is recognized one of the five most sought-after destinations for students who wish to study abroad for their higher education. These changes put in place by the Canadian government, can only serve to cement its status as an ideal destination for overseas education in the world.
The ease with which, one can apply for post study work permit after completion of studies as well as the rights enjoyed by the PGWP holders makes it an attractive option for international students. As of Dec 2018, Canada had as many as 572,415 international students in the year 2018, which was up from 492,545 students reported the year before that.
Education Articles1. 4 Popular Myths & Facts About Early Childhood Education
Author: John Sarkis
2. Why Icse Board And Why Greenwood
Author: Greenwood High
3. December 18, 2019dean Duperron Is The New Chairman Of Msm Highered - M Square Media
Author: Diptirani Samal
4. What Is Dynamo & The Top Reasons You Should Be Learning & Using It?
Author: NIBT Education
5. Reasons Why You Should Consider An Overseas Education Consultancy
Author: Aman Soumya
6. Bachelor In Hospital Administration (bha)
Author: Shreya Sharma
7. Is It Worth Studying Mbbs In Russia?
Author: Yuvrajsinh Solanki
8. Festivals Of India
Author: Shivani Thakur
9. Non-profit Organizations Work Hard As Girls May Not Go Back To School After The Pandemic
Author: Magicbus USA
10. The Pie Chief Amy Baker Joins Msm International Advisory Board | Msm
11. The Right Place: How To Choose The Best School For Your Child – Hebrew Day School
Author: Kadima Day School
12. Approaches To Get Past Any Final Exams!
Author: Garry Taylor
13. Shawn Swail Is The New Chief Business Officer At Msm - M Square Media
Author: Chetna S
14. The Importance Of Extracurricular Activities - The Millennium Schools
Author: The Millennium School
15. Cbse Preschool In Alandi | Best Cbse Preschool In Charholi
Author: pratik patil