ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Detailed Diy Guide To Install Wheel Stops
If you’ve ever considered installing wheel stops at your parking complex or other structure it can be confusing. The first hurdle is to work out the type of wheel stop that you need and then work out how you’re going to install it. Now, this may come as a surprise, but certain types of wheel stops can actually be installed by anyone that has some basic DIY experience. No specialised tools are required, but it will take time and some effort to get a good result. Let’s take a closer look at this process in this handy guide.
What Will You Need?
This guide will look at installing polyethylene or rubber wheel stops onto a concrete surface. Here are the basic tools that you will need to mark out and install these two types of popular wheel stops.
A tape measure.
A hammer action drill.
A 14mm masonry drill bit.
A 17mm plastic socket.
A hand broom or industrial vacuum cleaner.
A 17mm socket.
The Measuring and Marking Process
The wheel stops need to be set at no further than 1.5 metres apart. The exact configuration that you choose will vary a great deal depending on the needs for your location. If you’re not sure about the measurements, check out other locations similar to your own or look at some specification online. It’s a great idea to sketch out the area to scale on a sheet of paper to check your measurements. Once you’re happy with your layout, use the tape measure and coloured chalk to mark where the wheel stops are going.
How to Install Wheel Stops
Check the supplied wheel stops to make sure everything is there.
Carry out a quick safety assessment to make sure the area is safe to work in.
Go to your chalk marker and place a wheel stop at each location.
Get out your hammer drill and drill a small guide hole into the concrete through each wheel stop anchoring point.
Remove the wheel stop and use the 14mm masonry drill bit to drill a 120mm deep hole in the concrete.
Use the hand brush or industrial vacuum cleaner to get rid of the accumulated concrete dust so that you can see the holes easily.
Place the supplied plastic plug into each hole and then use the hammer to gently drive them home so that they are flush with the surface.
Place the wheel stop back over the marked area and line up the fixing points with your prepared drilled holes.
Fix the wheel stop to the surface using the supplied M10 machine screws going into the plastic plug to make it secure.
Tighten the machine screws with the 17mm socket until they are tight, but don’t over tighten them or you could strip the screw.
If they are looking for wheel stops, Perth based business owners and property managers should get in touch with us at Image Bollards for expert help and advice.
Image Bollards was first established in 1994 by Managing Director Tony Scott. The Western Australian company specialises in installing, supplying and maintaining security bollards, vehicle access and control systems as well street furniture. With over 25 years of industry experience, Image Bollards comprises a team of dedicated professionals who ensure that any client receives only the very best of service.
Automobiles Articles1. Auto Repair Diagnostic Sheets To Speed Up Auto Repair
Author: Mark Josesh
2. The Best Service Of Clear Film Removal At Jln Overspray
3. Providing Wings To Fly – Automobile Erp Solutions
Author: Kedar malik
4. What Are The Things You Should Remember When You Learn Driving
Author: Nicholas Manchee
5. How To Fulfill Your Dream Of Owning A Modified Motorcycle
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Why Should You Check Your Brake And Accelerator On Time
Author: Hamish Crotty
7. Know When To Take Your Car For Repair And Maintenance Work
Author: Oliver Mertin
8. Why Travelling In Your Car To The Airport Is Always A Better Decision?
Author: Ava M Williams
9. 4 Advantages Of Availing Car Removal Services Over Individual Buyers
Author: Lachlan Ruth
10. Make Your Car Standout With These Lavish Exterior & Interior Car Accessories
11. What Makes Car Removal A Better Choice Than Online Advertising!
Author: Luna Charlotte
12. Low Income Auto Loans: Step Up Your Game If You Have Limited Income
Author: Kaitlin Miller
13. Best Quality Injector Cleaners And Workshop Press To Keep Your Car In Good Condition
14. Why Should Your Windscreen Cracks Fixed At The Earliest?
Author: Sam Lampasona
15. Which Caravan Accessories Is Important For Your Trip
Author: ozvan store