ALL >> Business >> View Article
Foldable Phone Breaks Apart From Lg’s Dual Screen
LG showed a dual-screen smartphone.
But while the Korean company's competitors have already demonstrated hybrid phone tablet designs involving flexible displays and complex hinges, LG has taken a much simpler approach.
It created a second display as a detachable accessory.
Due to the gap between the screens, the end result may not look so elegant, but it may cost less.
The 6.2-inch (15.7 cm) V50 ThinQ phone and its matching dual-screen plug-in feature OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology.
At a press conference in Barcelona, LG suggested that the two can be combined:
Touch screen control panel for video games
One group call setting, where the caller can view the other two participants in full screen
A YouTube live broadcast where video blogs can see their shots on one display and their followers’ comments on another display
The plug-in is connected to the phone via three pogo pins on the back, making the phone's USB-C port free.
When in use, it can be positioned to the main display at two angles (104 degrees or 180 degrees flat).
It can also ...
... be turned off so that it is on top of the phone as a protective case.
LG has not disclosed the cost or release date of the device, but does reveal other specifications, including 5G network compatibility and three rear cameras.
“The game controller use case is very interesting,” commented industry analyst Patrick Moorhead.
He said that taking screenshots and sending them via email is also very effective, but after using it, "if it is gimmick or useful, it will be torn."
Others point out that adding a dual display makes the phone's thickness almost double and the weight increases by 70%.
LG has previously said it has considered launching a true foldable screen phone, but has decided it is too early and is more likely to regain lost market share.
The company also introduced the G8 - the front end of this smartphone uses a palm scan camera.
This can be used as a replacement for fingerprint sensors that use infrared light to track blood in the user's veins to unlock the device.
For specifications and other information, please click here http://www.lgrepairer.co.uk
Business Articles1. 7 Signs You Need To Restore Your Sash Windows
Author: Sash Windows
2. How Can You Scale & Automate Your E-commerce Business?
3. Uae Anti-money Laundering Legislation – What You Should Know
Author: Haroon Juma
4. Acetonitrile Uses, Storage, And More 101
Author: Magan Bhadani
5. 5 Tips On How To Prepare Your Home For Air Conditioning Installation
Author: Air Conditioning
6. 6 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Professional Food Photographer
Author: kanika panchal
7. How To Get Your Sa302 Tax Calculation & Tax Overview
Author: Holland Emery is a professional tax accountant.
8. Management By Exception: A Path Towards Touchless Procurement For Manufacturers
Author: conver gentis
9. Always Outsource The Trusted Book Keeping Services
Author: Adam Jones
10. Ever Green Scope Of Translation Services
Author: Steve Smith
11. Spot Welding Nickel Strips
Author: Amit Shah
12. Stainless Steel Seamless Pipes Manufacturers In India
Author: Ashwin Bhansali
13. Why You Require Feeralloys As A Steelmaking Company
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
14. Attractive Features Of Refractories And Their Manufacturers
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
15. Branding Without A Website Is Basically No Branding At All
Author: Arun Kumar