ALL >> Education >> View Article
Families of children with physical and intellectual challenges continue to experience significant challenges as they raise their children. The environment that the disabled child experiences during his development can determine the child’s level of independence. A family that accepts their child’s condition can assist the disabled child lead and almost normal life. The family provides the child with the financial, social and psychological support to attain increased ability. In contrast, a negative environment that comprises of a family in denial fails the disabled child. From birth, children require constant support so that they can fit in a normal environment. A family-centered approach to the management of a disabled child ascertains that the disabled child receive adequate support from the immediate family members. The presence of strong family support determines that the disabled child acquires the positive self-belief that he can be an independent individual. A positive environment enables the disabled child to grow as an individual and strive to develop new skills. The passing of the IDEA Act further cements the importance of accepting disabled children in the society. IDEA strives to encourage the integration of disabled children into standard schools. The schools can hire special educators who can work with the mainstream educators to establish a curriculum that is suitable for the disabled child. Additionally, the educators can work with special education specialists to make an early diagnosis of children with intellectual disabilities. It is with an early diagnosis that the disabled child gets prompt assistance. The society should not treat disabled children any different from able children. The provision of the best intervention strategies ascertains that the disabled child gets an equal chance to develop his skills, just as the able child.
Chapter 5: Hanson, M. Families with children with disabilities.
Carolyn Morgan is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in nursing term papers if you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from pre written essays.
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. Seo Tools And What Are The Ways To Use That Tools?
Author: Benjamin Andrew Stokes
2. Why School Buses Are Yellow In Color?
Author: My schoolr
3. How To Identify The Best Athletic Trainer In India
4. The Distance To The 3 Major Medical Universities In Ukraine From Kiev
5. Why Python Stands Out Among Programming Languages
6. Why Choose Anudip Foundation?
7. Microsoft Azure Features And Components
8. Knowledge Science Training In Mumbai Archives
9. Bsc It Distance Education - Simplidistance
10. Pmp - Project Management Professional Certification A Fuel To High Salary And Bright Career
Author: Avan Jack
11. Do Employers Really Value Your Mba Degree?
12. Why Go For A Management Education?
13. Why Machine Learning Matters To The New Generation?
14. How Online Pte Practice Material Helps?
15. 4 Ways Management Studies Help In Making Career In Healthcare
Author: Akash Mishra