ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Choose The Right Light Fixtures For The Home
Lighting is of fundamental importance in setting the ambience in your home. Besides illuminating the house, your choice of lighting can set the tone and mood of your home’s occupants. Often a good starting point is to talk with your local electrician on The Gold Coast. They have a lot of experience in installing lighting and can probably show you some ideas that work and some that didn’t.
Here are some ideas so you can choose the right light fixtures for your home:
- Lighting options can be found in a variety of budgets, from the traditional to contemporary styles. There are fixtures crafted in bamboo, plastics, ceramics, metals, glass, crystals, and natural as well as synthetic fiber. They come in a huge array of sizes and shapes.
- There are light strips, floor lamps, ceiling lamps, wall scones, spot and pendant lights, chandeliers and many more to choose from.
- Most people are very choosy when selecting lighting fixtures for their home’s interior and exterior areas. The options are amazing, there are vis-à-vis colours, tones, brightness levels and energy saving options available so sometimes it becomes difficult to decide.
- Before you select your fixtures and deciding on their placement, it’s important to know what you need and the purpose of your lighting. You should aim to minimise the number of fixtures you need but maximise their effect and their functionality.
- Many of the lights that use New-age LED technology, help to provide flexibility so you can combine ambient and accent lights, with the ability to change the colour effect depending on the time of day and the required conditions you wish to create. All this can be in one single fixture.
Different lights for different rooms
It is always a good idea to take advantage of any available natural light when you select artificial lighting methods. Having adequate illumination is important in all areas, but you need to also balance the aesthetical with the functional nuances of light. Some areas need task lighting to avoid eye strain, while others require a soothing ambience. In many modern light fittings, there are built in dimmers that allow you to control the brightness level.
- Your main lighting source should be bright. LED lights of relevant wattage, provide comfortable feelings
- Large hanging fittings should be mounted at least seven to eight ft. above the floor
- At workstations, place lamps at the correct angles, to ensure no shadow falls on the working areas
- A lamp on your side table provides charm and a use full reading light.
- Lamps and switches in bedrooms should be at a convenient distance from the beds so they are easy to operate
- Select light fixtures that complement the overall theme of your home as well as your furniture design
- Choose easy to maintain and clean fixtures that are will have easily available spares and accessories if needed for replacement
- Ensure that all the lighting fixture in children’s rooms are child safe bright. Avoid glass lamps and floor lamps for safety
There is a huge range of light fitting available and to help choose the ones that are suitable for your home a good starting point is to consult your friendly local electrician on the Gold Coast.
Home and Garden Articles1. Some Tips & Questions While Buying Groove & Pent Garden Sheds
Author: James Johnson
2. Here's Why Worlds Away Is Perfect For Home Accessories, Hardware, And More
Author: Robert Berry
3. Keep Critters Away With Rural Fencing For Gardens
Author: Danny Woodhams
4. Tips For Mattress Recycling
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Why Decorate Your Home With Wall Decor Wallpaper ?
Author: Vishal Supali
6. How Much Should You Pay For Laminate Flooring In Ireland
Author: Dylan Holland
7. Get Rid Of Issues On The Water Heater With Professional Technicians
Author: Hot Water Tank Winnipeg
8. What Should Know About Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
Author: Biotouch Alberta
9. Four Advantages Of Hiring Large Trash Pickup In Austin
Author: Bryson Kaleb
10. Why You Should Hire Professionals For Landscaping Service?
Author: Nathan Boutros
11. The Best Way To Clean Delicate Furniture Upholstery
Author: Pressure and Steam
12. The Various Utilities Of Footstools As An Element Of Home Improvement
Author: Mark Hazelgrave
13. Importance Of Commercial Curtain Cleaning In Hobart
Author: Austin Baines
14. Make Your Kitchen Space Super Amazing With Designer Laminates
15. Top 5 Benefits Of Having Panoramic Doors
Author: Barry La Grange