ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How Fires Can Sometimes Result In Water Damages In Your Home
Whenever a house that has been on fire is extinguished by firefighters, damages like moisture and heat have to be dealt with.
These two damages can be subdued using different types of methods. ServiceMaster Restore technicians have encountered these problems associated with moisture and heat. However, when both water and heat combine, many sorts of challenges are considered by ServiceMaster of Savannah. Stages have to be taken:
Stage One - Secure the perimeter of your house. It is not uncommon that whenever there is a fire, thieves thrive in the chaos. After the fire, secure your left-behind belongings by assigning persons or friends to look after your things while you check and tender to the safety of your occupants and help workers.
Stage Two - Probe and investigate. Fire and water damages combined create complications; sometimes, when water combines with soot made by smoke, the outcome becomes an acidic substance and contaminated water that needs to be taken out.
For unaffected-by-burn damage areas, they may receive moisture damages that need to be dried only.
In situations when combined damages happen, ServiceMaster Restore technicians use special methods for the restoration process.
Below are tips to prevent further water damage, to name a few:
1. Furniture should be dried out; some can be raised above floor level for sunlight to dry them.
2. Extract water from less damaged areas using dry clothing or mops.
3. Pull out wet books from shelves and let them dry.
4. Hang and let wet fabrics, furs, leather goods, wet rugs and other floor coverings dry out.
5. Expose and move luggage, closet doors, furniture drawers, photos, paintings and art objects to keep them dry.
Doing these tips can reduce and control further losses.
ServiceMaster of Savannah’s professional water and fire damage restoration services in Savannah, Georgia, and its surrounding areas can be reached at 912-234-0270. We take pride in our level of service when it comes to drying out your home or business when restoring it. Water damage emergencies can be traumatic, we understand that. Our goal is to get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Home and Garden Articles1. Some Tips & Questions While Buying Groove & Pent Garden Sheds
Author: James Johnson
2. Here's Why Worlds Away Is Perfect For Home Accessories, Hardware, And More
Author: Robert Berry
3. Keep Critters Away With Rural Fencing For Gardens
Author: Danny Woodhams
4. Tips For Mattress Recycling
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Why Decorate Your Home With Wall Decor Wallpaper ?
Author: Vishal Supali
6. How Much Should You Pay For Laminate Flooring In Ireland
Author: Dylan Holland
7. Get Rid Of Issues On The Water Heater With Professional Technicians
Author: Hot Water Tank Winnipeg
8. What Should Know About Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
Author: Biotouch Alberta
9. Four Advantages Of Hiring Large Trash Pickup In Austin
Author: Bryson Kaleb
10. Why You Should Hire Professionals For Landscaping Service?
Author: Nathan Boutros
11. The Best Way To Clean Delicate Furniture Upholstery
Author: Pressure and Steam
12. The Various Utilities Of Footstools As An Element Of Home Improvement
Author: Mark Hazelgrave
13. Importance Of Commercial Curtain Cleaning In Hobart
Author: Austin Baines
14. Make Your Kitchen Space Super Amazing With Designer Laminates
15. Top 5 Benefits Of Having Panoramic Doors
Author: Barry La Grange