ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Cartouche: A Parchment Paper Lid To Cook Food To Perfection
Total Articles: 12
An Irish Proverb says, ‘Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is.’ Yes, of course, food can change one’s mood, that’s why people these days name certain foods as their comfort foods. It’s a well-known fact that we work hard and earn to feed oneself and our families. Being in a modern era, people come up with a wide variety of cuisines with different cooking techniques that people enjoy the most. Behind every delicious recipe there lies skilful cooking, which is done by the experts or home cooks.
The cooking technique that has gained its momentum these days is the ‘Cartouche,’ which is nothing but a lid made using Printed greaseproof paper to cover the food while cooking. Let’s see in detail about the cartouche that is made out of custom printed greaseproof paper.
What Are Cartouche And Its Impact On Food While Cooking?
People who love baking will be familiar with parchment paper or Printed greaseproof paper. This paper has multiple uses and benefits. Cartouche is a round parchment paper placed directly on top of food during cooking for an efficient and even cooking. The cartouche traps steam directly on top but still allowing it to escape around the edges of the paper, for a perfectly cooked food item the light coating of glaze that you desire. This type of cooking is not possible with the conventional lid, although it partially traps some steam, the cuisine isn’t even, fast, or consistent.
For cooking stew or a braise you require some browning and evaporation for flavour development. In those cases, if a traditional lid is deployed, most of the steam released by the food is trapped in the vessel. This hinders the temperature and water drips-off onto the surface of the stew, which seriously slowdowns that process. It also prevents liquids from evaporating and reducing.
Benefits of Cartouche
- Slows down the rate of evaporation, which maintains moistness and a steady temperature.
- Can be placed directly on top of a sauce, soup or protein and prevents the unwanted surface skin formation.
How to Make a Cartouche
- Cut a greaseproof paper into a square shape, larger than the pot
- Fold that square into half, two times.
- Fold square formed along the diagonal to form a triangle, for a couple of times.
- Use scissors to trim the wedge.
- Snip off the tip of the wedge.
Thus enjoy a delightful meal with the cartouche cooking technique.
The author is a blogger and owns the Coffee Serve PTY LTD that delivers high quality of products like kitchen supplies, printed greaseproof paper bags, etc. For further details visit https://www.coffeeserve.com.au/.
Coffee Serve is 100% Australian owned and has been operating since March 1990. When you place an order with our friendly staff, you can be assured that only the highest quality products will be delivered to your office kitchen the next day. Our speedy delivery, exceptional value and convenient payment methods make it easy for you. Our range includes coffee, tea, biscuits, cups, toiletries, cleaning products, coffee making equipment and much more. We offer next day free delivery in the Sydney metropolitan area.Interstate orders attract a freight charge.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Planning The Perfect Proposal
Author: Jigar Shah
2. Five Popular Jewelry Trends You Must Know If You Are A Bride-to-be Of Year 2019
Author: Avi Goyal
3. Things To Know About The Aloha Shirt And The Trend In Hawaii
4. 7 Quit Smoking Tips You Should Try Out
5. Buy E Cigarettes Online In India
Author: Indian Vape Outlet
6. Wear Mens Motorcycle Jackets To Have A Great Look
Author: Ricardo Rios
7. Shop Apple Iphones Easily At Hi-shopr
Author: Ramesh Chandra Sharma
8. Things You Should Know Before You Buy Weight Lifting Equipment Uk
Author: Gym Warehouse
9. The Umbrella Of Led Lights At Home Enjoy Productive Lighting Environment
Author: Plusrite Australia
10. A Guide To Choosing Get-well-soon Flowers
Author: Barbara Wood
11. How To Decorate Your Living Space With Fresh Flowers
Author: Lynda Tatara
12. The Most Beautiful Flowers In The World
Author: Mary Ann Verberne
13. Imploring Roger Dubuis – Pioneer Of Modern Avant-garde Watches
Author: Deepika Mahajan
14. Top 3 Leather Jackets For Women To Enjoy In Summer
Author: Ravjit Singh
15. Buy The Best Quality Protective Gloves For Yourself