ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Reasons One Must Take Up A Media Training Interview
Total Articles: 30
Want your organization to get the necessary media leverage? Then it is critical the concerned spokesperson gets enough exposure to media training interview. Considering organizations need media attention for various purposes such as news breakout, new product launch, business expansion, and so on, it is essential to have a plan and skilled professional facing the media.
It is good to consider a media interview in three phases – before, during, and after. This way you are well-prepared. The training also involves presentation skills coaching that not only makes the top-brass and spokesperson’s communication fluent towards the media but also the employees.
1) Before the interview: This stage involves four steps –
• Know the audience and goal: Develop an understanding of your audience. Learn the track record of the journalist who will conduct your interview. Understand their style of conducting a program. You could also take a brief from the journalist on what they are looking for and the format of the interview.
• Set agenda: It is essential you have a game plan in place. You should list down your key messages, the possible questions, and the answers for those possible queries. You can keep the game plan handy at the time of the interview.
• Prepare the key message: Think about the critical message that you want to convey through the interview. The audience wants to hear and remember it. They build up the interview, create headlines, and holds meaning. No matter where the interview heads, stick to your key message.
• Practice: Media interview training prepares you for the final interview before it goes underway. A trainer gives you 10 minutes to recite your key message in front of a group, who ask questions from your game plan. This way you become aware of your body language.
2) During the interview: This phase involves four stages –
• Dress well: Always dress up professionally for face-to-face interviews. For television interviews, opt for bold colors.
• Keep control over the interview: Do not just answer the questions to maintain a hold over the interview. The end goal should be to communicate the key message. Use the questions to bridge the key messages. Collect your thoughts and answer accordingly.
• ‘No comment’: Avoid using the term, ‘no comment.’ It suggests that you are evading the question. The thumb rule is to explain why you cannot answer the question and then move on to the next question.
• Avoid jargons: Do not assume the journalist and your audience knows specific terms.
3) After the interview: The final phase of the media training interview includes three steps –
• Gratitude and follow-up: Send a quick ‘thank you’ e-mail or make a call for adding the personalised touch. Add some supporting information when the interview reaches the final stages.
• Share: Media coverage boosts your business. So, use it to your benefit. Let the stakeholders know about your blog, social media profile, and in meetings.
• Learn from experience: Despite all the Media interview training, chances are you might need improvement. Address those mistakes in the future.
Education Articles1. The Best Campus Traditions For Students Who Study In Canada
Author: Global Tree
2. What Is Angularjs?architecture And Features
3. Part Of Fashion World
Author: Vivek Kumar
4. What Do You Need To Know About Cdr Writing Services In Australia?
Author: Need To Know About CDR Writing Services In Austral
5. Ways To Prevent Underground Utility Strikes
Author: Peter Ashcroft
6. Add More Virtues To Your Non-profit Organization With Bulk Sms
7. Python For Data Science
8. Tnpsc Group 4 Apply Online
9. Digital Cameras. How Many Mega Pixels Do I Really Want?
10. Best Reasons To Study Mbbs Abroad
Author: Nadeem Saifi
11. Why Iot Is Becoming One Of The Most Advanced And Emerging Technologies?
12. Top Bba Colleges In Delhi ncr
Author: Deepankar Julka
13. How Ai Is Helping To Bolster The Engineering Industry
Author: KR Mangalam University
14. Sbi Clerk Results 2019
Author: Rohan varma
15. How To Write Technical Paper At Its Best
Author: Sameera Sehgal