ALL >> Business >> View Article
Carpet Cleaning Tips And Tricks From The Experts
As the weather cools and daylight hours shorten, families tend to spend more time inside. After a long summer of open windows, sticky
treats and constant activity in and out the door, you might notice that your carpets are looking a bit drab. Keeping carpets clean might seem like a
daunting task, but with some tips from the experts it’s quicker and easier than you think.
Carpet provides good traction, absorbs noises, and saves homeowners money because it naturally insulates a room. And, contrary to popular
misconceptions, carpet that is cleaned regularly is fine for people with allergies, and even asthma. The best practice for keeping carpets
consistently clean is having a regular maintenance routine.
Refreshing carpets after a special event, season of tough use, or simply any time of year is easy with these tips from the experts at the Carpet and
Rug Institute (CRI), a national carpet trade association that focuses on science-based research, customer advocacy and environmental initiatives.
Create a vacuum schedule
Have you ever wondered if vacuuming really makes a difference? Removing soil when it’s on the surface, before it gets tramped down, is the first
and most important step in carpet maintenance. Use slow, repetitive motions that overlap (about four swipes), ensuring you get right up to the
edges where dust, pollen and pet dander like to accumulate.
How often do you need to vacuum? That answer may surprise you. Generally once a week with a CRI-certified vacuum is a good place to start,
but depending on how frequently the area is used, you’ll likely want to do it more often. For example, high-traffic or pet areas should be
vacuumed daily, medium-traffic areas require about twice a week and light-traffic areas can be done once a week. Just as you wouldn’t wear
a shirt over and over again without washing it, you don’t want to go too long between vacuuming your carpets.
Treat stains the correct way
Up to 98 percent of carpet is manufactured in the United States, and most is made to be stain-resistant. However, junior’s ice cream cone drips
and Fido’s dirty paws can leave marks that may seem almost too difficult to remove. No matter how hard you try to prevent them, stains do
happen, so it’s important to act quickly. Scoop up solids and blot liquids with a dry, white cloth or paper towel, starting at the edge of the spot
moving toward the center. Do not scrub – it can damage carpet and spread the mess.
Next, treat the spot with a CRI-tested and approved carpet cleaning solution. If you don’t have one on hand, plain water often works better than
untested carpet cleaners. For wine or chocolate stains, try mixing 1/4 teaspoon clear dishwashing liquid with one cup warm water. Avoid laundry
detergent which can cause permanent damage, such as a change in color. For coffee or tea stains, try mixing 1 cup white vinegar with 1 cup water.
For ink stains, apply rubbing alcohol to a cloth and blot. Have a wax spill? Cover the spot with a clean brown paper bag or heavy brown paper
and apply low heat from an iron. The paper will absorb the wax as it melts.
Business Articles1. How An Investor Made $1 Million From A Retirement Saving Of $35,000
2. How The Covid-19 Pandemic Led To An Increase In Cryptocurrency Scams?
Author: Alex Miller
3. Complex Fertilizers Market To Hit 54.32 Billion Usd By 2022
4. Car Insurance Calgary: Some Basic Pointers To Buy Insurance
Author: Jason Davis
5. How To Prevent Ransomware With Some Simple Tips?
6. Covid-19 Impact On Medical Supplies Market | Increased Demand Of Ppe Kits And N95 Masks Globally
Author: robert henric
7. 8 Things To Know Before Contacting A Website Development Company
Author: Ratnesh sharma
8. Flavor Enhancers Market: Significant Growth Is Observed In The Asia-pacific Region
9. How To Setup Battery Manufacturing Business In India?
10. A Basic Summary Of A Bariatric Post Op Diet
Author: Johnny Kwon
11. Defining Features Of Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
12. The Future Of Communication - Contactless Near Field Communication (nfc)
Author: NFC Tagify
13. Covid-19 Impact Analyzer For Peptides And Heparin Market Through, Concludes Fact.mr
14. Four Steps For The Perfect Fresh Coat Of Paint
Author: Jrossi Construction
15. Best Astrologer In Mississauga | Famous Indian Astrologer In Mississauga
Author: Pandit Ganapathi