ALL >> General >> View Article
Tips For Treating Gum Disease
Take a look below at five tips for treating gum disease.
1. Good Oral Hygiene
The main cause of gum disease is the build-up of tartar and plaque on your mouth. If you don’t practice proper dental hygiene, then plaque will start building up quickly. The plaque on your teeth is basically
a mixture of leftover food particles, bacteria, and mucus that will harden into tartar over time. Tartar can only be removed by a dentist through professional dental cleaning. Good oral hygiene involves:
Brushing your teeth at least two times a day for about three minutes
the right type toothpaste that contains the right amount of fluoride
your teeth regularly, preferably on a daily basis
In some instances, root planning may be required to get rid of gum disease. Root planning is a deep clean under the gums that help
to remove bacteria from the roots of the teeth. Before undergoing the
treatment, your dentist may apply local anesthesia to numb the area. After undergoing the treatment, you might undergo some
discomfort and pain for up to 48 hours.
3. Scale and Polish
To remove the hardened plaque and tartar on your teeth and treat gum disease, your dentist may suggest a non-surgical method known as scaling and polishing. Basically, this method is a deep cleaning where all the plaque and tartar are removed from the gum line as well as smoothing
any rough spots on the tooth enamel. In some cases, the dentist may use the laser technology which results in less
swelling, bleeding, and discomfort.
4. Surgical Procedures
Once gum disease has advanced to certain stages, a surgical procedure may be the only solution. The dentist will give you all the options available, which may range from bone or tissue grafts to flap surgery. Every case of gum disease is completely different, which means only a qualified oral surgeon will be able to advise you on which is the best surgery option for you.
5. Regular Visit to The Dentist
A regular visit to the dentist is the only way you can effectively remove tartar from your teeth. If tartar builds up on your teeth for long, it can result in inflammation of the gum. Your dentist will not only be able to clean your teeth thoroughly but will also inspect any early signs of gum disease.
Springvale Dental Clinic for Gum Disease Treatment
If you notice any signs of gum disease, even if it is minor, it is vital that you contact us at Spring vale dental clinic immediately. Gum disease can progress in a very fast way and can eventually lead to tooth loss. Our dentist in Spring vale will guide you on the best options available when it comes to further treatment on your gum disease. Get in touch with us today, and we will be ready to help!
General Articles1. Collagen Peptides Market To Witness Astonishing Growth By 2025
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
2. What Experts Say About Education Merit Scholarship
Author: Burger Doreen
3. Take Your Wheels Out!
4. Room Addition San Diego, Home Renovation San Diego
Author: precision sd
5. Royal Insulators Became One Of The Expert In Producing Porcelain Insulators For American Market
6. Dental And Oral Wellbeing
Author: Dental Clinic
7. How Do I Select The Correct Puc Subjects?
8. How To Choose Age-appropriate Toys For Kids?
9. Kitchen Renovation Las Vegas, Kitchen Remodeling Las Vegas
Author: GI CONSTRUCTION PREMISES
10. Canada Immigration Guide - Your Key To A Successful Life
Author: Canada, a nation found in North America is beginni
11. What Are The Different Types Of Sweater For Women?
12. Benefits Of Using Mud Face Wash
Author: Spark Multitrade
13. How To Get Your Favorite Domain Name? What To Find Before Getting A Domain Name?
Author: HTS Hosting
14. How To Uninstall Webroot From Windows 10
Author: Alessia Martine
15. Razor Blade Market Demand, Supply, Growth Factors, Latest Rising Trend & Forecast To 2027
Author: Balaji Deshmukh