ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Which Plan To Choose – Growth Or Dividend
The option you pick should depend on the
Cash requirement & investment time horizon
In case of Equity Funds
Equity funds are meant for long term investments. Those who want to create wealth or achieve long term financial goals should choose growth option. It will help you to stay invested rather than cashing out from your long term funds.
Exceptions to Growth option
- In case of thematic or sector funds, it would be wise to choose dividend payout option as you will able to book profits when that particular theme or sector is in uptrend. Returns from these categories are highly volatile and it will be difficult to predict the time of exit from these funds
- Those looking for regular income such as retirees, monthly dividend option in Hybrid funds like Balance funds, Equity Savings Fund or MIP will be a good option to select.
In case of Debt funds
Debt funds are meant for short term as well as for long term investments depending on the needs of the investors. Those looking for regular income should select dividend option.
Less than 3 years:
- If you fall in the 10 percent or 20 percent tax bracket, it would be wise to opt for growth option.
- For those in 30 percent tax bracket should select dividend option as DDT paid by the AMC in case of debt funds is around 28.32% in case of Individual/HUF/NRI.
- Companies/corporates should select growth option as they fall in 30% tax bracket and DDT paid by the AMC is also 30%. So for them it will make no difference whether they choose dividend option or growth option.
More than 3 years:
- For all investors including corporates, it would be wise to choose growth option as they can take the benefit of indexation which will provide them higher post tax return.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Credit Repair Companies In Michigan Help To Improve Credit Score In 30 Days?
Author: Martin King
2. Playing The Gamble Called Investment
3. Stock Market Evaluation: Not Out Of Emotions
Author: Priyanka Paul
4. Algorithmic Trading In India: History, Regulations, Platforms And Future
Author: Viraj Quant
5. How To Select Mutual Funds And Invest In Sip
Author: Shashank Pawar
6. Puraniks City Reserva - A Home Design For Your Needs
Author: pooja agrawal
7. Sot Cash Against Credit Card In Chennai
8. Get Mortgage Even With Bad Credit –
Author: Ethan Charlotte
9. Money Management Tips - For Small Business In Australia
Author: John Mike
10. All You Need To Know About The Personal Loan Interest Rates
Author: Loan Adda
11. Why Using Self-directed Ira To Buy Real Estate Is A Smart Idea?
Author: Hayley Barnes
12. Best Platform For Automated Trading
Author: Jack Hamilton
13. Is Online Gambling Legal In Oregon - Answers
Author: Georgetta Henn
14. What To Do When The Business Loan Is Refused
Author: Finway Capital
15. Types Of Business And Their Loan Requirement
Author: Finway Capital