ALL >> Business >> View Article
Do Digital Cctv Cameras Actually Affect Public Safety?
The main reason for this is that they let you keep track of all the activities happening all around your premises even without being physically present at the location. Digital CCTV cameras have done a lot towards increasing the sense of security in individuals. However, whether they actually have increased the security or not remains a matter of debate. While some argue that it invades the privacy of an individual, others claim that it at the least, helps in punishing the criminal if not avoid him altogether.
We believe that CCTV cameras indeed prove very useful for the safety of an individual or an organization.
Following are our reasons to hold this belief:
Disincentive for potential threats
Putting up a CCTV camera in a place where it is visible to a potential threat acts as a disincentive for him to continue with his motives. Because of the fear of getting caught, a thief or a burglar will probably think twice before proceeding with his intentions. And more often than not, he simply would take a U-turn and disappear, avoiding any crime altogether.
Record of old data
A digital CCTV camera has a feature of recording and storing old data. Some models can store data as old as a year while some store only three- four weeks of data. Depending on your requirement, you can opt for a suitable option. However, here, the idea that any past incident can be tracked increases a sense of security in the individuals.
Easier to catch culprits
A CCTV camera, if chosen properly can substantially ease the detection of the criminal. If a good quality, high resolution, and focusing lens is used in a camera, the face of the criminal can easily be detected and hence, he can be caught. This, in the long run, definitely reduces the number of criminals in the open and increases the security of people.
Proof of whatever is happening or has happened in the past
If some suspicious activity is discovered in the future, the best option to look for evidence is to go back in time with the digital CCTV camera’s recordings and take a first-hand look at the incident as it happened. This acts as a proof of an individual’s innocence or guilt and prevents any wrong judgment.
It is to be noted that the reasons mentioned above for believing that digital CCTV cameras do affect the security of the public, either increase a sense of security for individuals, act as a disincentive for criminals and hence, reduce the possibility of a crime or help in catching the criminal once a crime is committed. All these factors, directly or indirectly, reduce the crime rate of an area, thereby increasing the public safety in the long run.
Business Articles1. Why Is It Important To Get A Security System Installed In London?
Author: steven glassner
2. 3d Printing & Rapid Prototyping: Are They The Same?
Author: eliyana desuza
3. How To Put A Dog Tag On The Collar?
Author: Misha Konyuk
4. Get The Quality Lip Gloss Packaging At A Cheap Rate
Author: custom boxes plus
5. Vertical Shaft Kiln Vs Rotary Kiln
Author: Neel Rao
6. Global Brugada Syndrome Market
7. Global Canned Coffee Market- Forecast And Analysis
8. Global Encapsulation Resins Market- Forecast And Analysis
9. Why ‘make In India’ Is A Good Social Movement To Support?
Author: Satjit Kumar
10. Advanced Seo Strategies To Drive More Traffic To Your Website
Author: Consult Myriad
11. Top 5 Reasons To Upgrade To Infor Cloudsuite Distribution
Author: NSA COM
12. Hire The Experienced Construction Company To Enjoy These Countless Benefits!
13. How To Spot The Right Civil Contractor For Your Dream Project?
14. Impact Of Covid – 19 On Worker’s Compensation
15. Digital Cameras Buying Suggestions For You
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson