ALL >> Furniture >> View Article
Unconventional Knowledge About Bean Bag Chairs That You Can't Learn From Books
Who originally invented them as well as when and why they became popular? In this article we look back at where it all began and where it is today. We present to you, the history of the bean bag chair.
The 1970's are the era when bean bag chairs made their way into the stores around the world and made them available to everyone. The chairs of that era were very similar to the more high-quality chairs of today which had a strong leather cover and were filled with thick Styrofoam pellets.
Consumers liked the feature that the chair shaped to each individual person's body type. Professional interior decorators also liked the flexibility of the chairs in design schemes. Therapists also noticed that the bean bag chair helped kids with sensory-integration problems. Additionally, doctors recommended to patients that were recovering from back surgery to recuperate using one.
During the '90s, it went from a reputation of being cheaply made furniture to something very laid back and would meet a number of needs. Chairs of varying sizes and shapes made their way into today's market. Furniture, like bean bag recliners, sofas, footstools and more were made.
Also during the '90s, they became safer for children. There are a number reported cases of children being injured and even suffocated to death after working their way inside the older style and being asphyxiated by inhaling the pellets.
The chairs available today are typically made of fabric covers that are easily washable and don't rip as easily as the ones of the past. In addition, most bean bag manufacturers use urethane filler instead of Styrofoam. The reason behind this is urethane provides much more support and is more reliable than Styrofoam. Chairs of today are also filled with foam that is shredded which recovers its shape to prevent a bean bag from going "flat"
The bean bag chairs of today are super comfortable, stylish and are available in a number of sizes, colors and prints. Try them out; they're not like the bean bags that you may remember as a kid. The bean bag chair is making a comeback!
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Dave Woods who has written a number of articles on bean bag chairs and provides fruitful information. To know more, please visit www.sumolounge.ca.
Furniture Articles1. Decorative Homelegance Bedroom Set
Author: Frankie Carle
2. Why Should The Windows And Doors Of My House Have Aluminium Frame?
Author: Geeta Aluminium
3. Interior Designer In Ahmedabad
4. Tips For Build In Wardrobe
Author: Regalo Kitchens
5. Modern Classics Furniture Sydney
Author: Annandale Interiors
6. How Do You Choose Outdoor Restaurant Tables?
Author: Missouri Table & Chair, LLC
7. Multimedia Lecterns: Integrating Multimedia Presentations With Options And Accessories
Author: multimedia furniture
8. Ch24 Wegner – The Benefits Of Getting The Right Chair For Postures
9. Find The Best Convertible Cribs At Kids N Cribs
Author: Mike Marini
10. Adding Space And Style To Your Home
Author: Lewis Adair
11. Six Key Features Of A Best Task Chair
Author: Bryson Kaleb
12. Baby Room Furniture Sets Can Finish Off Your Nursery
Author: Mike Marini
13. Remake Your Doors And Windows With The Durable & Strong Aluminium!
14. Tips For Choosing Romina Baby Furniture
Author: Dexter Brown
15. Why Garden Storage Products Are Essential For Maintaining A Clean And Tidy Garden?
Author: Felix Gagnon