ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
An Efficient Way To Delete Multiple Files In Quickbooks Desktop
While keeping track of records, many times you need to delete more than one entity at a time. In that case, you need to have a feature that can do this within no time.
Tracking a single transaction and rubbing it off is a very cumbersome and time-consuming process.
That's why Intuit has introduced this feature in < href="https://www.techarex.net/quickbooks-hosting/">QuickBooks/a version 16 and later in both enterprise and accountant edition.
It is called a Batch Delete/Void Transaction (BDT).
Using this feature, you can delete multiple entries at a time.
Of course, there are some requirements that you must meet before performing this operation.
● You have to be an external accountant or admin to use this feature..
● BDT can only be run while in single-user mode.
● BDT does not support more than one currency.
In the Enterprise version, go to the Company menu, select Accountant Tools and then Batch Delete Transactions.
These are the tasks that can be performed by BDT utility:
● Select common transaction types -
You can select the transaction type that is to be deleted. Transaction types such as Bill payment checks, Bill refunds, bill credits, refund checks, and finance charges can be deleted.
There are also some types which cannot be deleted such as Invoices with reimbursed expenses, times, mileage, or items, Paychecks, Payroll Liability Checks, Sales Tax, Payments, Online Bill Payments and Any transaction in a closed period.
● Show/Hide voided transactions -
You can choose whether you want to show or hide the deleted transactions by checking or unchecking the checkbox.
● Filter transactions -
This utility gives you the ability to filter out your transactions.
First, you have to check the ‘show transactions’ checkbox and then you will have the drop down options such as entered date, last modified date, transaction date, pre-defined date range options, custom date ranges, the payee (Customers, Vendors, Employees, Other names) by which you can filter the transactions.
● Customize the appearance -
You can also personalize the appearance of your transactions list. You can either drag the columns to any location in the list at which you want to see them or you can also sort the column by clicking the header of that column.
● Void or Delete selected Transactions -
* From the available transactions list, select the transactions you want to void or delete.
* Click Review & Void (or Review & Delete).
* On the Review Batch Void (or Delete) Transactions screen, you will be presented with the option to Backup & Void (or Backup & Delete).
You can skip this by clicking the Backup & Void (or Backup & Delete) drop-down and selecting Void only (or Delete only).
* Before making any changes a final confirmation window appears to ensure you want to continue with this process. This way, your data remains secure even after the transactions are removed/voided.
● Report of Voided/Deleted Transactions -
Once the transactions are removed, you will be given the option to view the Voided/Deleted Transaction Report so you can print a copy of everything removed from the company file.
If you need to remove the invoices, it is recommended to delete these transactions manually pressing CTRL+D on your keyboard or clicking Edit > Delete Transaction while on the invoice.
For more helpful tips about QuickBooks and other popular accounting software, subscribe to our blog.
I am Angila Palin as a software Engineer in Techarex Networks.Techarex Networks is the QuickBooks Hosting service provider in USA. We are leaders having experience of 10+ years to solve today’s business problems with help of compliant, secure, and totally available managed hosting solutions for a wide range of industries including e-commerce, legal, healthcare, financial and many more. between premium service and fanatical customer care.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Portable Ultrasonic Usb Humidifier Brings Good Health On The Use!
Author: Buysmart Accs
2. What Are The Components Of Software Quality Assurance?
3. Scrape Retail Location Data With Locationscloud
4. How To Ensure Effective Sap Business Policy Management
5. Iphone Stuck On The Apple Logo Screen? Here’s How To Fix It
Author: elina john
6. Reasons Linkedin Automation Tools Can Get Your Account Blocked And How You Can Avoid This
Author: Marya Lizabeth
7. How To Implement Segregation Of Duties (sod) In Sap
8. What Is The Role Of A Podcast Producer?
Author: Barry Elvis
9. Why Cold Calling Is Becoming Obsolete
Author: Marya Lizabeth
10. Why Opt For Cloud Testing In It Modernization?
Author: Michal Wade
11. Importance Of Timely Furnace Repair & Maintenance
12. How To Get Advertisers For Your Podcast
Author: Barry Elvis
13. Remote Desktop Vs Vpn - Everything You Need To Know
Author: James F Bartlett
14. Data Security Standards And Some Best Practices
15. Why Your Contracts Need Your Attention