ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
6 Simple Steps To Lifelong Weight Loss-00-5382
1. Keep a food diary
For at least five days and up to a week, keep a pen and paper handy and write down everything you eat, how much, where and when you ate it and who you ate with. try to write it down as you eat it. Most people find that when they try to remember everything at the end of the day, they leave something out. I have also had clients tell me that they didn't eat something because they knew they were going to have to write it down.
Be completely honest with yourself. You don't need to show anyone the results, but most will be very surprised by them. Particular environments and people can often trigger certain eating behaviors that are redily apparent when you use a food log. free fitness journal/food log.
2. Don't eat too little
Very low calorie diets will, in the short term, help you lose weight but they're extremely difficult to maintain. You'll gradually become tired and irritable, lack the energy to exercise, and people won't want to eat with you because the long list of â€˜taboo' foods renders restaurant menus, and even family meals at home, unsuitable for your overly strict diet. For a more detailed description of the effects of low calorie diets click here.
3. Neither feast nor fast - They weren't kidding when they said "breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Studies show that those who skip the first meal, end up eating more total calories throughout the day and tend to make less healthy choices. Try to eat at least 3 meals a day. Optimally you should spread your calories throughout 6 small meals per day. This will keep your metabolism bustling and yuor blood sugar level even to help avoid binging.
4. Freshness Counts - The packaging and processing generally found in "convenience" foods generally reduce the nutrient values of foods and substantially raise the caloric content. The American Dietetic Association recommends at least 3 - 5 servings from the fruit and vegetable group per day. no time to prepare "home made meals? Try preparing in bulk on the week ends to make healthy choices readily available. Cut up a large bowl of fresh fruit, (1c = 1 serving) or pre make a large bowl of salad or cut up veggies. I usually prepare a weeks worth of chicken or pork so i can quickly re heat it and add it to any recipe.
5. Hydrate your way to quicker weight loss
Drink water ahead of coffee, tea, or soft drinks. Including the â€˜hidden' water we consume in food, we need 64 oz. per day. More is recommended to counteract the dehydration caused by caffeinated beverages and intense exercise or excessive heat.
How much do we need to drink? In general you should be drinking enough water per day so that your urine is nearly clear.
6. Eat less, exercise more
The great thing about food diaries is they show you much where you can cut the number of "extra" (calories). Many people eat out of habit when they are not even hungry. you may also need to make dietary changes if you begin or increase the intensity of a fitness program.
I know, you are going to say, "I don't have time because ...(insert your favorite excuse here) Ask yourself this..."how much more energy will I have when I am not carrying around this extra _____ pounds? How many more things will I enjoy and feel god while doing when I am in a fit healthy body? Is it worth a few minutes a day to incorporate these simple habits into your day?
Article by Dianne Villano. Dianne is a personal fitness instructor certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine with over 17 years experience. Dianne specializes in weight loss programs and programs for beginners. For more articles or free fitness tools visit www.custombodiestampabay.com
About the Author:
Submitted by http://www.weightlossecretstore.com, a site dedicated to helping people achieve their weightloss goals by providing motivation and support through articles and tips.
For more weight loss articles, blogs, videos and nutritional products visit http://www.weightlossecretstore.com/blog/
Fitness Articles1. The Importance Of Routine Dental Checkups For Kids
Author: Reza Nikfar
2. Benefits Of Eating Anjeer Everyday
3. Proven Benefits Of Dates
4. Full Body Massage - Everything You Need To Know
Author: Emma Olivia
5. Why Should One Enroll In A Post-operative Rehabilitation Program?
Author: Zara Smith
6. Weight Loss
Author: David Castle
7. The Wonderful History Of Sneakers That’ll Leave You Intrigued
Author: Aarti Seth
8. Why Should You Hire Indian?
Author: David Daniel
9. 7 Best Biceps Workout For Big Biceps - Fitscale Fitness
Author: Fit Scale
10. Myth About Asthma
Author: firoj khan
11. What Is Actually Cosmetic Dermatology?
Author: anu walia
12. 6 Tips From A Personal Trainer To Start A Training Program
Author: Alex Musk
13. Health Care And Healthcare: Immoral And Unconstitutional | Dr. Deane Waldman
Author: Dr. Deane Waldman's
14. A Healthy Guide To Lose Baby Weight
Author: Isabella Whitmore
15. Is It Possible To Treat Eczema Naturally?
Author: anu walia