ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Exposed Beams -- Trend Or Timeless?
Total Articles: 40
Exposed ceiling beams are a an interesting architectural feature that add a unique flair to any space. Have you been thinking of incorporating beams into your home decor, but you aren't sure if they will complement your design style?
Ceiling beams are a popular home decor element in many homes today. They largely stem from rustic designs; however, they can be incorporated with many design styles. Wooden beams can be added to contrast with a cold, clean look, or it can accentuate an already warm design style. A good rule of thumb is to include exposed beams with styles that typically incorporate natural finishes. This can include rustic, farmhouse, Scandinavian, and traditional. Our advice is to avoid pairing rustic wooden beams with an overly modern design. The texture of the wood can be an eyesore in an otherwise sleek design. For more modern homes, we recommend metal beams instead.
Exposed beams can be incorporated in place of a load-bearing wall, or simply for decorative reasons. We have recently completed two kitchen remodels that included exposed ceiling beams. One remodel incorporated exposed beams because of the removal of a load-bearing wall, while the other included beams to accentuate the design style. The added beams in each home give off a completely different mood; however, they each aesthetically accentuate the room.
Whether they are used for structural reasons, or for design flair, there is no doubt that exposed beams add visual interest to homeowners and guests alike. It is important to take the room size an ceiling height when considering an exposed beam. Since exposed beams are meant to accentuate a space, it is important to not pick beams that feel to heavy. This can make a space feel claustrophobic. Instead, choose beams that are relatively the same proportion to your decor.
Exposed beams are a great visual element for any space. They can work seamlessly with with many design styles and give your home that extra "flair." Even though they have become very popular over the last few years, we believe that exposed beams are here to stay in the design world. Thinking about incorporating exposed beams in your home? It is best to consult a home improvement expert since installing exposed beams can be tricky. Give Balducci Additions and Remodeling a call at 804-730-0982 to schedule an appointment for a free estimate!
Home and Garden Articles1. Salient Information For Hiring Home Design Service
Author: Rick Lopez
2. Easy Tips To Maintain Your Artificial Lawn
Author: Tim Kennedy
3. Reasons You Require Emergency Garage Door Service In Washington Dc
4. Glass Replacement Sydney Made Easy
Author: Sarah Addyson
5. Emergency Glass Repair For Any Application
Author: Sarah Addyson
6. Get Back The Sparkle Of Your Sofa By Hiring Professional Sofa Cleaning Services
Author: Nikolay Milchev
7. What Are The Tips That A Homeowner Should Consider While They Are Installing A Wooden Fence?
Author: Blake Luby
8. Remodelling Your Living Room? Get The Tips On Selection Of The Colour Combinations Of Paints
Author: Shane Habib
9. What Is Commercial Cabinetry And Why Is It Necessary
Author: FL Moving
10. Decorate Your Home With Custom Woodcarving Doors!
Author: Glen Burrese
11. Why We Need High-quality Cannabis Seeds?
Author: Simon Gluck
12. 5 House Cleaning Tips To Follow In Salinas Ca
Author: Terra Cleaning Services
13. How Online Directory Helps You To Find The Right Service Providers Under A Single Roof?
Author: Cleo Davies
14. How Come Upholstery Cleaning Must Certainly Not Be Overlooked
15. Upholstery Cleaning - Enhancing Your Wellness