ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Best Strategies For Test Automation Of Software
Total Articles: 65
Before any software or application is released into production, it has to be tested rigorously. The process which involves software tools to run pre-scripted tests on the target application is referred to as Test Automation. As this method involves a very limited set of scripts, it can simplify the testing process for manufacturers. There are several benefits of Test Automation:
• It does not consume as much resources as unit testing
• This test can be carried out innumerable times
• The Test Automation tools keep track of every new bug and thus remain upgraded
• Test Automation can radically improve test results through reruns
• Specific user environments can be simulated through well categorized keystrokes and mouse clicks
Instead of manually testing out every user scenario, they can be programmed into a unique software, which can then carry out automated tests on other new software, thus reducing the time and effort involved in the process.
It Is Better to Have a Dedicated Testing Team
There is a vast difference between manual testing and Test Automation. From the tools used to the time and effort required, Test Automation is a full-fledged responsibility. It is always advisable to build a dedicated team for Test Automation, including one automation architect and several automation engineers working with him or her.
Choose Your Tools Practically
Know your company's system and resources inside out. When choosing your testing tool, make sure it runs well with the platform your company usually runs on and that it also integrates well with the resources and framework the test application is based on. This helps keep the cost down and also makes the testing process seamless and future proof.
Do Not Rely Solely on the Automation Tool
Building the automation tool can aid in the process of testing but it is not the only aspect. The tools cannot work alone if the testers are not familiar with them. When building a team, make sure your testers are acquainted with the way the automation tool is supposed to work. The tools can be buggy and might not be able to test complex processes by themselves if the engineers are not skilled enough.
Know the Application Being Tested
It is very important to have a clear knowledge of the application or software you are testing. This can help in choosing the tools so that the test runs well. For example, in case of a web application, knowing the browser can be a great time saver; for a desktop application, the programming language is a crucial part as unsupported tools can lead to undue complications.
Test Automation Is Not for Everything
Manual testing is necessary no matter what, and automated testing cannot replace it. The main purpose of Test Automation is to prevent repeated testing for the same thing so that manual testers can save time and effort and instead focus on newer testing scenarios and bugs which automated tests cannot handle.
It Is Better to Avoid GUI Automation When Possible
GUI automation can be a tricky process and can be difficult to proceed with, especially at times when the interface has changed. Thus if it is possible to run a test using an alternate method such as a command line input, GUI automation should be avoided in order to ease the process.
Test automation can be rewarding and can ease the testing process for the entire team. However that can only be the case if a proper strategy is followed. From the tools and resources used to the people handling the test, every bit plays a vital role. Understanding the potential of the organization, as well as knowing the application being tested can save a lot of time, effort and money.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Best Innovative And Featured Salesforce Training Online
Author: Riley Louis
2. Samsung Mobile Phone Repairs In The Uk
Author: Best Samsung Tablet Repair in the UK
3. Quick Services For Iphone 6s Plus Repair In Manchester
Author: Tony Blair
4. 3d Scanner Market Analysis, Size, Competitive Strategies And Forecasts To 2024
Author: Gomez R
5. The Top 10 Reasons You Should Implement Document Scanning
6. Ai Is Changing How Real Estate Professionals Do Business.
Author: Ramjee Yadav
7. How Ai Changed The Real Estate Industry
Author: Ramjee Yadav
8. How Retailers Can Use Mobile Apps During The Holidays
Author: Ramjee Yadav
9. Iphone 6 Repair Centre In The Uk
Author: iPhone 6 Services Cost in the UK
10. Playstation Plus Repairs In The Uk
Author: PlayStation Plus Repair Center in the UK
11. Dell Tablet Service Centre In The Uk
Author: Dell Service Centre in the UK
12. Qualities You Need To Know About Nintendo Ds
Author: Nintendo Repairer
13. Mobile Phone Services In The Uk
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre in the UK
14. Global Artificial Intelligence Chip Market
15. The Role Of Virtual Reality Experience In Different Sectors