ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
5 Good Reasons To Donate Books
Total Articles: 81
Books are said to man’s best friends. One can get over boredom and loneliness if he or she has access to some goods. However, everyone may not be as fortunate as you to enjoy all the good things in life. Street children do not have any access to education and often become delinquents. Mumbai has a large section of urban poor who live in shanties and have no access to electricity, medicines and other basic necessities of life. By donating books in Mumbai, you can help street children gain access to education which can in a great way shape their future: -
Passing your treasured books to needy children will be one of the best ways to enlighten them and broaden their knowledge. By donating books in India, you can show that you really love and care for urchins, who do not have access to school education and, therefore, have a bleak future. Y donating books, you can give a child the opportunity to get to know many things that are happening around the world. The satisfaction you can get through gesture will fill you with a sense of accomplishment. Moreover, you won’t have to donate your valuable money to do something worthwhile for children living in the slums.
Helping in education children from poor backgrounds
People from the underprivileged sections often do not have access to proper schooling which acts as a major hindrance to their progress in later life. By donating your books, you can help in reducing the financial burden on their families who often cannot buy school books for their children. Your noble gesture will help these children continue with studies and have a better future. Education will broaden their outlook towards life and help them in uplifting their families from the vicious cycle of poverty.
Inculcate the habit of reading
Reading in a great way changes the lives of people. It helps readers to have a good knowledge of people, places as well as ideas. Children from low socio-economic backgrounds do not have easy access to books. Their chances of visiting a library are remote. By donating your books, you give street children the chance to discover a book that can inspire them and change the course of their lives. By passing on your books to a child from a poor background, you can easily create an interest in reading in him or her.
Donating can help you acquire respect in the eyes of children from downtrodden sections. Not everyone has a kind heart to engage in philanthropic activities. By donating your valuable books, you can acquire the respect of associates as well as the society at large.
Enhance your self-worth
Donating your book to poor children will improve your self-worth. One doesn’t always get the opportunity to help others in need. However, you should not donate to make yourself happy. Rather you should donate with the innate desire to help people who really need your help.
The author of this article writes about social issues and social causes. She wishes to encourage people to donate books, donate food and help society through her articles.
Social Community Articles1. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
2. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
3. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
4. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
5. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
6. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
7. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
8. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
9. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
10. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
11. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
12. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
13. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
14. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya
15. The Starbucks Anti-bias Training Go Against Human Nature
Author: Intentional Insights