ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
6 Important Benefits Of Secondary Glazed Windows
Total Articles: 20
Secondary glazing is the installation of supplementary glazing on the inner side of single-glazed window frames. This is done to lend extra protection to the property and preserve it for the years to come. Secondary windows are commonly seen adorning listed buildings and properties clustering high-end conservation areas. Secondary glazed windows include a host of benefits as listed below:
• Extra support to existing windows: Secondary double glazing of existing, single-glazed window frames, provide a strong support to the windows and allow them to resist all kinds of mechanical damage. Since they are fitted on the internal part of the windows, they maintain resilience against rattling due to thunderstorms and cold draughts. This especially holds true for sash windows which are extremely notorious for rattling. And the secondary glazed windows help to preclude the same.
• A cost-effective option: Secondary glazing of windows serve as a cost-effective way of renovating and improving their utility, as they are very much cheaper than opting for complete replacement of the windows. Also they are particularly appropriate for listed buildings that entail strict prohibitions against any form of major alteration and include only glazed windows as a feature of insulation.
• An energy efficient solution: Windows, when secondary glazed can provide maximum insulation to the interiors by keeping them toasty warm. This is useful for places like London where outside temperatures can dip quite low during the winter months. Almost 60% of heat loss can be negated with the use of such windows. Considering the amount of time and money spent in heating rooms with central heating systems, it is more prudent to opt for a life-long heating guarantee in form of secondary glazed windows. Moreover with lesser dependency on heaters, the energy bills suffer a drastic reduction.
• Protection from harmful UV Radiation: Secondary glazed windows shield the interiors of the home from potentially harmful UV radiation and it is for this reason, that they are predominantly installed in greenhouses, laboratories and hospitals, where health care is of prime importance. This UV filtration attribute of secondary glazed units is beneficial in reducing the risks of skin cancer, cataracts and various allergies, that would otherwise be induced by constant exposure to UV radiation.
• Guarantees security of property: Sash windows which appear on ancient buildings are tall, fragile and aged. Being brittle, they can be easily broken by felons and the interiors may be accessed with ease. But glazing them with secondary glazing ensures a tough covering of glass over the windows, which guarantee complete safety of entire house.
• Reduces Noise pollution: Secondary glazed windows reduce transmission of high frequency noise to the interiors and thus help to maintain a quite, comfortable aura within the house. Secondary windows consist of two frames, isolated by a gap, which is filled with vacuum. Vacuum lessens transmission of energy and reduces it by almost 80%. This enables the windows to act like an efficient sound barrier.
Nowadays more and more people are seeking to opt for secondary windows in order to extend the lifetime of their homes and increase their utility. The benefits of secondary glazed windows make them an apt option in bustling places like London.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb