ALL >> Hobbies >> View Article
Cool Fishing In Iceland – Best Glacier In The World
Total Articles: 171
Europe’s second largest and World’s 18th largest island is a beautiful country that makes everyone awestruck by its landscapes in the North-Atlantic Ocean. This magical island rich in glaciers and volcanoes is none other than ‘Iceland’. With its astonishing bio diversity and natural phenomena, Iceland welcomes great number of visitors from all over the world. Natural Parks, Blue Lagoon, Landmannalaugar, Whale watching, Golden circle tour, Game of thrones etc, entertain people and attract them with spectacular aesthetic serene.
Apart from these attractions, Iceland tops for its wonderful and scenic rich lakes and rivers. Since Iceland is a volcanic island, it rains and snows a lot and because this island is situated far north and it takes quite a lot of time to get hot and for its water to get evaporated. Hence, there will always be plenty of water here. There are only three wild fresh water rivers in Iceland. They are Brown Trout Rivers, Arctic Trout Rivers and the Atlantic Salmon. Brown Trout Rivers include Laxa Myvatn, Litlaa, Svarta, Minnivallalaekur and Galtalaekur. Arctic Trout include Sog, Holaa, Bruara etc. Few lakes that depict their beauty are Arnarvatnsheidi, Hlidarvatn, Veidivotn and a few more.
With the glaciers present, people develop interest in recreational fishing in Iceland. Fishermen have more fun than other people in this place. There is a fun saying that “A bad day of Fishing is far better than a good day spent at Office”. One has to be very much prepared before starting to fish. One has to care of the fishing equipment, choosing proper destination, selecting the best season to fish and getting ready with a proper plan.
One needs to carry a rod and reel, fishing line, a bobber and hooks. As bait for fish, you will need worms which can be caught on a dewy night. It is better to store them in a tin of grass and soil that could keep the worms alive. There are few techniques for catching fish that includes angling and trapping. Fresh water salmon (the most popular sport fish) fishing can be done on the shore or on a boat.
The best season for fishing in Iceland starts in April on many Sea Trout and Brown Trout Rivers as well as in a few lakes. The main Brown Trout and Arctic Char season starts in May and ends in September. Some Black sand Sea Trout River fishing season lasts till October whereas Salmon rivers fishing season starts in June and lasts till the mid of the September. Many licensed tour operators like Go Fishing, Fishing Island offer various kinds of fishing tours to different places in Iceland. Fly fishing is also prominent in Iceland.
Choosing Iceland as the best destination for fishing is an intelligent decision as one can enjoy the activity and be mesmerized by the beauty of the waters of Iceland. There will be plenty of fish in the sea but until you catch a fish, you have to play with the rod. Happy Fishing in Iceland!
Hobbies Articles1. Sea Frogs Introduces One Of The Best Underwater Photography Equipment For Business And Individual
Author: Sea Frogs
2. Handy Tips To Prepare For Reef Fishing Charters
Author: ABSOLUTE OCEAN CHARTERS
3. Maternity Photography Reading Brings The Best Maternity Photographs!
Author: Robert Andreson
4. Things To Consider When You Opt For Painting Services!
Author: Charlie Symon
5. Book Domestic And International Vacation
6. Kids Bunk Beds With Slide
7. 7 Safety Tips For Working With Electric Scooters
Author: Nathan Crowley
8. How To Know Benefits Of Orthodontic Procedures For Your Children In Lee's Summit?
Author: Paul Greig
9. Things You Need To Consider Before Deciding On Your Photography Course
Author: Unknown Member
10. Open Access Peer Reviewed Medical Journals – Meddocs Online Publishers
11. Maternity Photography Birmingham Helps You Capture The Record Important Moments
Author: Joseph Charlie
12. Family Photographer In Randburg Can Help You Find Quality Family Photos!
Author: William Smith
13. A Professional Family Photographer Knows How To Handle The Big Needs During Such Photo Shoot!
Author: William Smith
14. Hiring The Best Photographer In Randburg Can Be The Most Beneficial Decision!
Author: William Smith
15. Everything You Have Ever Needed To Know About Pistols.
Author: Bob Smith