ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Respray Your Vw Car
Total Articles: 23
Re-spraying a car is one of the most amazing and fun tasks to do. If you are planning to spray your VW Campervan or any other VW car that you own, you must read this till the end. You will get to know the step by step process of spraying a VW. Also, you will get some additional tips for the same; some of which are:
• It is always a good idea to try doing it on a cardboard or something before doing it on your car. It is advisable not to take risk by spraying directly on the car.
• Also, you must keep some distance between yourself and your Volkswagen.
• In addition to that, make sure that you maintain the constant pressure if you are using the traditional spray gun, otherwise you will end up painting it really thick.
• It would be great you do it patiently; there is no need to rush, otherwise you will end up soiling the work.
• Make sure you wear proper gear; especially vapour respirator while you are spraying.
There is a fixed systematic procedure consisting of a few steps for spraying your VW car, so if you are interested knowing the process, here are the steps which you must follow one by one in sequence...
1. The first step is to find a suitable location and this step needs to be taken seriously, as you cannot choose any place randomly. There are a few conditions to be met... The place should be highly ventilated so that the fumes do not get build up in an enclosed room, as it can explode if the fumes do not get space to go out of the room. Also, the place should be neat and clean; free from dirt and dust. There is should be proper supply of electricity and should have enough space to work around the car. Home garages are strictly not recommendable for this work.
2. The next step will be to gather all the material and tools that you are going to need during the entire process. The tools include air compressor, paint sprayer, dust masks, respirator as well as eye protection. In addition to that, do not forget the materials like hand sand paper, masking tape and paper, paint, body filler, paint thinner or hardener and solvents for cleaning surfaces.
3. Now is the time to remove the trim as well as rust and the repair the dents, if using the body fillers. If the holes are very large, you might need fibre glass to repair them.
4. Apply the masking tape to all the parts of the car where you do not want to apply the paint like windows, glass, mirror, doors and handles. Clean the surface of the car thoroughly.
5. Sand all the primed areas smoothly and then clean the surface which you want to paint. Now, prepare the final paint and spray it onto the car. If your paint is metallic, it requires a clear coat as well.
Lastly, remove all the imperfections and your car is ready!
If you want to respray your Garage Services London or if you want to get it done by the professionals, make sure you visit the Heston VW so that you get the quality work done. The specialists working there will make sure that you get the desired output.
Automobiles Articles1. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
2. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
3. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
4. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
5. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook
6. Customized Harley Davidson With Actual Parts Is The Ultimate Style
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Commercial Kitchen Equipment Dubai
Author: AL RAZANA KITCHEN
8. An Overview About 3d Cad Modeling, Plm And Pdm
Author: An Overview About 3D CAD Modeling, PLM and PDM
9. Relax And Rove With Private Driver And Car Services
Author: Toby Pratt
10. 7 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Car Battery Charger
Author: Michael Foley
11. What Is The Best Time To Trade-in Your Old Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. The Brilliance Of Japanese Cars Imported From Japan
13. New & Upcoming Sedan Cars In India 2017
Author: Trending Car
14. Compelling Reasons To Fixing Car Dents With Paintless Dent Repair
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Choosing Limo Service Fort Worth