ALL >> Art >> View Article
Oil On Canvas Paintings
Total Articles: 1
Oil paintings have been around for a very long time. As a matter of fact, oil paints became a favorite choice because they proved to be so durable and long lasting. Unlike water based paints, oil on canvas not only made the painting water proof but also made the canvas last longer. Water based paints easily fade out especially when exposed to water and general dirt. This is not the case with oil on canvas paintings.
Mixing oil paints is a tricky affair considering that one must really know how to do it. Wrong mixing will often result in wrong shades of color that might affect the quality of your Oil on Canvas Paintings. With a good mixing ratio, you can however get the best effects. When paintings are left in an open place to dry properly they will dry out and be waterproof so you won't have to worry about the paint getting wet. Water based paints on the other hand will wash out in water or rain as long as they are exposed to the same kind of treatment.
Oil on Canvas Paintings tend to cost slightly more than paintings done from water based paint because the prices of watercolors and oil paints vary a great deal. oil paints cost more than their water based counterparts on the market. The choice however is with the painter and his or her clients. Some clients may insist on oil paintings on canvas for specific reasons while others may prefer water paintings for different reasons. The use of canvas for painting has been around for hundreds of years and oil painting even longer as our ancestors used to mix and paint in oil on cave walls as well.
For many years, canvas has been a material of choice for most artists with many pieces in art galleries and exhibitions featuring on the material. reasons for this are many ranging from the flexibility of canvas to its durability and toughness. Given that it can withstand harsh weather conditions and does not tear easily unless mishandled, it has become a dominant material of choice. It is also worth noting that it is often readily available and costs very little.
Introducing framing to Oil on Canvas Paintings is often an easy task. Many of the times, it is as easy as taking the dimensional measurements of the canvas and designing a frame from any material of choice that fits the canvas well. This further makes Oil on Canvas Paintings a better choice as compared to other materials such as wood.
Transporting oil on canvas paintings is also another plus for the canvas material. Even in cases where you do not have a big bag to carry a larger painting on canvas, you can simply roll it up and fit it into a small bag because it does not get damaged by rolling.
Art Articles1. Choose The Best Schlafzimmer Bilder To Create That Perfect Ambiance For Your Private Room
2. Best Kunstdrucke Can Enhance The Ambiance Of Your Home Décor
3. Julia Fosson: Encaustic Art
4. Live Your Passion By Being Part Of A Photography Course
Author: Sophia Cruz
5. The Future Of Arts And Designing In India
Author: Rishabh Singh
6. Career Prospects For Those Artist Minds
Author: Rishabh Singh
7. The Ethnic Style Of The Ponchos
8. Knitted Ponchos Get More Notices During Winters
9. Ask These Four Questions Before You Hire A Video Production Company
Author: Urban Contour
10. Devin Suau's Young Friend Writes Children's Book To Raise Funds
11. Hire Aerial Filming Services To Document Work In Progress Of Mega Projects
12. Dance Classes & Music Lessons Make You Smarter
13. Dr. Chiufang Hwang's Memoir Grown-up Child Chronicles A Taiwanese-american Girl’s Culture, Chores An
14. Steps To Become An Interior Designer, From Designtab An Interior Designer Company In Kolkata.
Author: Design Tab
15. Birthday Gifts Ahmedabad - Handmade Designer Gifts
Author: WINKS OF JOY