ALL >> Career >> View Article
Interviewers: Win Over And Hire The Hard To Find And In Demand Candidate
Total Articles: 4
Salary, office location, benefits and all the perks you can offer will always motivate candidates, but what are
the other vital reasons a great candidate accepts or declines an offer? How do you know what will mean the most to the
candidate you want to hire? A savvy interviewer will authentically let candidates know all the details that set you apart
from the competition. Interviewers need to think like a candidate and anticipate their needs, fears and
concerns. To help you resonate with candidates, consider five key points that matter to candidates as they consider
what’s important in an employer.
Candidates want to trust their employer and believe they can earn respect and their judgment and ability to do the job
will be valued by their employer. Candidates want to know their employer will treat them fairly and they want to work
where people take pride in their work.
Through interviews and casual conversations with candidates, interviewers can share relevant examples of how trust,
respect, fairness, pride and partnership thrive in your organization. There’s no need to beat candidates over
the head with what you’re doing but when the question, “what’s it really like to work here” comes
up, consider examples of each point to discuss so you come off as trustworthy to candidates.
Use the five key points to springboard conversations to help you better relate to candidates and show why your
organization is a great place to work. Encourage all interviewers to share their own versions of how trust, respect,
pride, fairness and partnership make you the employer everyone will want to join.
Here’s where to start:
Trust: Share examples that show:
• Communications both organization wide and
within teams are open and accessible. Promote we are transparent in our actions
• We value integrity in all actions
• We appreciate each team member’s
competence and trust they will perform to the best of their ability. We don’t micromanage and trust you to make
the best decisions for your job
Examples should help candidates realize, We are open communicators who don’t keep secrets. You can
trust us with your career.
Respect: Share examples that show:
• Team members support each other and show
appreciation for hard work
• Employees are open to collaborating and
don’t hoard or refuse to share ideas
• We care for employees as individuals with
lives outside of work
Examples should help candidates realize, We support and value team work. We value you as a person with a life
beyond your job. We encourage balance.
Fairness: Share examples that show:
• Equity is a balanced treatment of all
• There is no favoritism in
• We pride ourselves on resolving issues in
a fair and just manner
Examples should help candidates realize, We take equity seriously, promote from within and reward based on hard work and
Pride: Share examples that show:
• Encourage employees to take pride in
organization and in their individual contributions
• Foster environment of support and
productivity for all teams
• Respect organizations reputation,
products and services and standing in the community
Examples should help candidates realize, We want you to always feel great about working here. We like it when our
employees brag about why we are a great place to work.
Partnership: Share examples that show:
• Encourage each employee to be themselves
and be proud of who they are and the experiences they bring to their role
• Foster a friendly and welcoming
• We are proud to have created a culture
where employees feel like family
Examples should help candidates realize, We respect individuality and welcome diversity on our team.
Eileen Smith is the author, coach and CEO of The Recruiter Advisor, LLC which offers
href="http://www.therecruiteradvisor.com/">recruitingthe tools to showcase expertise, gain fast credibility and boost
their career to new heights. Discover a series of eBooks and customized coaching services developed for recruiters at
Career Articles1. Types Of Hr Training
2. A Guide To Locum Jobs In Australia - What Is Locum Work
Author: Malcolm Reeves
3. Coaching In Business - How To Become A Business Coach And Make Substantial Money From It
Author: Ian Marsh
4. To Become An Business Coach Means Had To Get To The Bottom Of All Of It
Author: Ian Marsh
5. What Is Photogrammetrists & Career Opportunities In India
6. Carrer In Digital Marketing
7. Want To Grab An Opportunity In Mnc
8. Professionate Makes Event Staff Hiring Much Simple
9. How To Use Social Media For Recruiting New Talent?
Author: Kartik Patel
10. Is Correspondence Mba In Marketing, Hrm, Finance Worth Your Time?
Author: Jitendra D
11. How To Motivate Someone For Action?
Author: Prof. Chandra Kant
12. Live Salesforce Developer Certification Training With Job Assistance
Author: SVR Technologies
13. 4 Mistakes Freelancers Should Avoid For A Better Freelancer Career
14. Choose A Career In An Insurance Company!
Author: Michel Sam
15. New Year Health Checks – Doctors
Author: Malcolm Reeves