ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Project Insight Success Story: Surecom Network Solutions
Total Articles: 4
Surecom Network Solutions (NS) is a leading provider of engineering solutions and services to the telecommunications industry. They provide a single source of managed services to business partners, vendors and mobile operators. Established in 2005, the company has offices in Ireland, the UK and Greece. Surecom’s aim is to eliminate customers’ problems so they can concentrate on delivering telecom services.
- Lacked a project management solution that coordinated all business processes.
- Lacked the ability to accurate track project status and resource allocation.
- Lacked effective workflow to approve project documents in a timely manner.
When it first started, Surecom Network Solutions developed an ad hoc project management process using Excel spreadsheets to manage projects and allocate resources. It was a cumbersome, time-intensive process that made it difficult for project managers to accurately assess the status of projects throughout the organization. In addition, Surecom used an entirely different program to manage finances.
“Each department had its own processes, which increased the chances of errors,” says Ian Corrigan, account and project manager. “This was not a good way to manage project costs, record revenues, allocate resources and generate different reports.”
The company depended on the accounting staff for information to make informed decisions. Because there was no centralized system, there was often a one month data lag, which made it difficult to track real-time status. As a result, no one knew how projects were doing or how resources were performing. If problems arose, they were unable to address them in a timely manner.
In addition, project managers would “hide” their resources to ensure they had the manpower to manage projects when the need arose.
Why Project Insight:
- Provided transparence across the entire enterprise.
- Provided customized reports.
As the company grew, Surecom management recognized the need to streamline operations to eliminate inefficiencies and increase productivity. They wanted a powerful tool that was also simple to use.
To that end they hired a consultant to evaluate project management solutions. In the end the consultant selected Project Insight project management software as the best fit.
“We wanted one system to address our three major needs: financing, resources and reporting,” says Corrigan, “and that’s what Project Insight (www.projectinsight.net) does. It has all the features we require, provides the flexibility we need and is customizable, especially when it comes to reporting. We also liked the price.”
- Improves project management for greater efficiency and productivity.
- Generates customized reports for better accountability
- Improves resource allocation to ensure projects are delivered on schedule.
- Enables management knows when problems arise to quickly fix them.
Project Insight project management software was purchased at the beginning of 2014. After a few months of training and customization the system was fully operational. For the first time project managers can access the system regardless of where they’re located.
Because project managers now have a transparent view of everything that is happening, they can make adjustments as necessary, address and resolve problems quickly and manage resources more effectively. They can also shut down a project if necessary.
“We especially like the fact that we can quickly generate customized reports,” Corrigan says. “Now we have a detailed overview of every project, its status, the resources allocated to it and the costs involved. We use the reports to make more informed decisions.
“For example, if resources aren’t being fully utilized, we can shift them over to projects that need more help. If a problem arises we can react quickly before it becomes a major problem. We also have a firm grip on costs. If a project is overrunning its budget we can shut it down.
“The end result is more than increased efficiency and productivity. Project Insight project management software gives us peace of mind.”
For More Information: Jeffrey Swartz, 949-470-0075, email@example.com
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer