ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Nocvue – All You Wanted To Know About Nms And Ems
Total Articles: 26
What is Network Management System (NMS)?
A NMS combines hardware and/or software tools to assist professionals to manage individual networks that form a part of a larger network.
What is Element Management System (EMS)?
An EMS is a process to manage network elements (NE) on the NEL or the network element-management layer of a TMN model (Telecommunications Management Network) and it consists of various systems and applications.
In short, NMS and EMS provide a platform that helps in simplifying and managing end-to-end communication networks. They help in monitoring data, as well as managing voice & data communications network equipment of more than one vendor at the same time.
These systems assist in 5 key areas - (FCAPS) – Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security.
NMS and EMS provided by a reliable NMS and EMS company will cover all these 5 key areas and would offer the following features:
1) Fault Management: This includes alarm generation, event tracking and event analysis.
2) Configuration Management: This includes commissioning, provisioning, timing, and protection of data.
3) Accounting Management: This includes data collection for enforcement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
4) Performance Management: This includes monitoring and reporting of service performance, noting Quality of Service (QoS) and management of SLAs.
5) Security Management: This includes role-based logging-in, authorization, and control of access.
Various companies can use these EMS and NMS for smooth running of their businesses. These systems are especially beneficial for the below-mentioned companies:
• OEM and Network Equipment Vendors: The systems combine with various devices and help in streamlining network communication and its management.
• Service providers: Various service providers may use these systems to perfectly create management views that combine hardware and software management tools within individual networks.
• Enterprise IT Infrastructure Management: These systems help in monitoring network performances. It also helps detecting various issues and in troubleshooting.
Selecting the Apt EMS and NMS:
Prospective buyers should first determine their requirement and then accordingly choose the apt system. We list below a few features that a good EMS and NMS system must have:
1) Simple Interface: An interface which is simple and easy to understand.
2) Real-time Monitoring without an Agent: A system which monitors in real-time and does not need the help of an additional agent.
3) Ability to Discover the Network: Must discover and map the devices of the network and its connections.
4) Multi-Vendor Capability: It is crucial for any network to support devices made by different manufacturers. .
5) Alerts: The system must alert the user at times of critical issues.
6) Report Generation: Must automatically generate customizable reports.
7) Extensive System: Must cover all areas of the infrastructure, including network configuration, network traffic, systems &
applications, and more.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
System/Network Administration Articles1. Sage 50 Cannot Communicate With Your Email Program
Author: Nency Willims
2. Information Technology Assistance Makes It Management A Delightful And Also Productive Process
3. Linksys Re7000, The Best Wi-fi Range Extender
Author: pinkesh tomar
4. 1000ft Promises To Ease Out Hectic Computing Operations
Author: Shane Warne
5. Get Your Entertainment Like Never Before With Fiber Optic Internet Providers
6. Stay Tuned With The Best Broadband In Mumbai
7. The Best And Unlimited Plans With Our Broadband To Get The Best Of Everything
8. Make A Creative Venture With Is Us
9. Enhance The Quality Of Life With The Best Internet Service Provider
10. Understanding Cloud Computing In It Support In Miami
Author: ITSupport Managers
11. Why Is Hotel Bandwidth Management Important?
12. How To Choose Best Hrms Software When Every Agency Looks Good
Author: daljeet arora
13. Is Your Resume Tech-ready For It Consulting In Miami?
Author: Weinger Mark
14. All You Need To Know About Trustworthy It Partner For Your It Outsourcing And It Consulting Needs
Author: Orion Network Solutions
15. It Xperts Services