ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Nocvue – All You Wanted To Know About Nms And Ems
Total Articles: 26
What is Network Management System (NMS)?
A NMS combines hardware and/or software tools to assist professionals to manage individual networks that form a part of a larger network.
What is Element Management System (EMS)?
An EMS is a process to manage network elements (NE) on the NEL or the network element-management layer of a TMN model (Telecommunications Management Network) and it consists of various systems and applications.
In short, NMS and EMS provide a platform that helps in simplifying and managing end-to-end communication networks. They help in monitoring data, as well as managing voice & data communications network equipment of more than one vendor at the same time.
These systems assist in 5 key areas - (FCAPS) – Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security.
NMS and EMS provided by a reliable NMS and EMS company will cover all these 5 key areas and would offer the following features:
1) Fault Management: This includes alarm generation, event tracking and event analysis.
2) Configuration Management: This includes commissioning, provisioning, timing, and protection of data.
3) Accounting Management: This includes data collection for enforcement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
4) Performance Management: This includes monitoring and reporting of service performance, noting Quality of Service (QoS) and management of SLAs.
5) Security Management: This includes role-based logging-in, authorization, and control of access.
Various companies can use these EMS and NMS for smooth running of their businesses. These systems are especially beneficial for the below-mentioned companies:
• OEM and Network Equipment Vendors: The systems combine with various devices and help in streamlining network communication and its management.
• Service providers: Various service providers may use these systems to perfectly create management views that combine hardware and software management tools within individual networks.
• Enterprise IT Infrastructure Management: These systems help in monitoring network performances. It also helps detecting various issues and in troubleshooting.
Selecting the Apt EMS and NMS:
Prospective buyers should first determine their requirement and then accordingly choose the apt system. We list below a few features that a good EMS and NMS system must have:
1) Simple Interface: An interface which is simple and easy to understand.
2) Real-time Monitoring without an Agent: A system which monitors in real-time and does not need the help of an additional agent.
3) Ability to Discover the Network: Must discover and map the devices of the network and its connections.
4) Multi-Vendor Capability: It is crucial for any network to support devices made by different manufacturers. .
5) Alerts: The system must alert the user at times of critical issues.
6) Report Generation: Must automatically generate customizable reports.
7) Extensive System: Must cover all areas of the infrastructure, including network configuration, network traffic, systems &
applications, and more.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
System/Network Administration Articles1. What Is A Home Security Systems Melbourne Services And How It Works?
2. How Important Sevenmonies Managed Service Providers Are To Scale Your Business
3. Data Center Security: Controlling Possible Threats
Author: Insights Success
4. How Do Warehousing Companies In India Help Businesses?
Author: kumar ram
5. Sas Program And Its Diverse Features
Author: Adela Armstrong
6. Why Should I Install Security Systems Melbourne In Business?
7. Migration From On-premise Application To Aws Public Cloud
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd
8. Cloud Computing Can Make You More Secure
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd
9. Bitdefender Family Pack - Reviews, Specification, Pricing, Download
Author: Steves k
10. Things You Should Remember While Installation Of Cctv Cameras At The Hotel
Author: Emily Thomas
11. Insulating Rubber Mats - Importance And Advantages
Author: Aayush Kejriwal
12. Top Sap Fico Training Institutes In Hyderabad | Sieve Software
13. Sage 50 Cannot Communicate With Your Email Program
Author: Nency Willims
14. Linksys Re7000, The Best Wi-fi Range Extender
Author: pinkesh tomar
15. Get Your Entertainment Like Never Before With Fiber Optic Internet Providers