ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Proven Strategies For Playing Golf
Total Articles: 1
Do you want to play golf? You are not alone! Thousands of people try it out every year for the first time. This game can actually be a lifelong pursuit, and many people already know the basics. A proverbial revolving door seems to exist with this game in most nations.
Essentially, they have given up, and they try, and fail, time and time again. There is so much you can do to become a better player, despite the fact that there are so many obstacles to overcome.
You don't need the best clubs, when you first take up golf. You won't need all of the clubs that come with a complete set, so there is no reason to have them in your bag. To get you where you want to go, the number of clubs you will need is really only about six. The most important will be a putter, a sand wedge, and you'll need a driver for obvious reasons. For a beginner you then just add a few more, which are the easiest to hit. You just need a variety of clubs, such as a fairway club and a couple of irons, say a six and an eight. A hybrid or a wood club can work for the fairways, but the choice of which one is up to you. The beginner on the golf course doesn't need any more clubs than these to have a good round on the course. One thing about golf is you can take parts of it and practice just about anywhere. Hopefully you don't need convincing as to why you need to practice with your putter. You can do this either at the course, off the main course, or at home or in a park. With the wedge, this is also easy and you can really practice your soft touch inside your home. Putting practice indoors is a snap, and you can improvise but just work on how accurately you hit the ball.
If you know what a sand trap is, here is a technique to help you get out of them. When you find yourself in the sand, which is usually called the bunker, try not to hit the ball. What you want to do is hit into the sand just behind the golf ball.
The golf ball will fly out of the trap, aided by the sand that you hit behind the ball. It is important to practice quite a bit so you can develop a feel for where you need to strike the ball. Then you also need to practice how deeply you hit into the sand and with how much force. You'll need to use more power in this shot because you're hitting and moving sand. Any time you play golf, even the first time, whether you are young or old, warming up is a must. Spend some time on the driving range before you begin your round on the main course. Just try this and you'll be amazed with how well your game unfolds.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far