ALL >> Computers >> View Article
The Changing Face Of Elearning
Total Articles: 6
For years, the teachers were given the role of collector of information and disseminating that information through a sage-on-a-stage classroom. However, with the rapid increase in the reach of Internet, information is now freely and easily accessible. The classroom is no longer the single source of information, thought it remains a very important one.
Students are clearly telling educators, that the time in class should not be spent providing them information that they can easily get elsewhere. The class hours could be more effectively used by helping them in resolving the doubts that they encountered while consuming information elsewhere (typically online), evaluate and analyze alternate views that they have encountered and finally help them connect the dots of information in creating a better understanding of a concept (information to knowledge) – addressing loosely the analysis, evaluation, creation phases of Bloom’s taxonomy. This is the basic idea of a flipped classroom.
We also know that students are increasingly getting their information online – 85% online, 15% from TV and even less from print. Which begs the question, why do we deliver the classroom information through a face-to-face channel, and not deliver this classroom information through an online channel, dovetailing with the other sources of information?
For intervention to work, the students must participate. While, a student with doubt has an interest to post a question, it is important that the student with the answer actually takes time to answer to them. But, mere encouragement and facilitation will not help, we need to incentivize the later to participate and share. This where the participation index becomes very useful.
While we do a great job in the creation part of the story, our journey has started with the other two. Our solutions need to deliver on the needs identified above, or else someone else will. Video-tracking, introduction of the concept of “lesson concepts” tying them with quiz results, use predictive modeling to evaluate the importance of different concepts in the final result are challenges that we must plan immediately.
Sourced from tridibroyc. Adobe® Presenter 9 software makes it easy to create professional-quality Desktop video by capturing both yourself and your screen with a few clicks. Turn passive content into video presentations, product demonstrations, training videos, and more on your own, right at your desktop. Get feedback by including quizzes and surveys. Publish to video portals, desktops, and mobile devices, and track performance using integration with LMSs.
Adobe® Presenter 9 software makes it easy to create professional-quality Desktop video by capturing both yourself and your screen with a few clicks. Turn passive content into video presentations, product demonstrations, training videos, and more on your own, right at your desktop. Get feedback by including quizzes and surveys. Publish to video portals, desktops, and mobile devices, and track performance using integration with LMSs.
Computers Articles1. Why Should You Invest In A Ricoh Duplex Printer?
Author: Ricoh india
2. Microsoft Office 2016 Promo Code Every New Upgrade Makes Your Life Lot Easier
Author: Christine Bleakley
3. The General Reasons Of Data Loss Of A Computer
Author: Alex Stylis
4. Tips On Selecting The Right Customer Relationship Management System
5. Hadoop Big Data Usability Tools And Methods
Author: MindQ Systems
6. The Advantages Of Electronic Batch Invoicing For Business Entities
Author: Jason Legg
7. What Can Microsoft Azure Do?
8. Warning: Google May Close Gmail Service On Your Computer
Author: Paul Smith
9. The Benefits Of Virtual Desktop As A Service
Author: cyber Link
10. Find Professionals For Best Script Design That Enhances Your Business Presence Online
11. Are You Searching For A Computer Repair Shop Near Me To Repair Your Systems?
12. Find Best Templates Hyip From Professionals To Make Your Mark Online
13. Computer Repair Salem Ma Offer Comprehensive Solutions On A Single Platform
14. Private Investigator Milwaukee Helps To Find The Truth Behind Your Suspicion
15. Easy Solutions To Some Common Computer Problems
Author: Best Online Computer Repair, PC Support USA.