ALL >> Business >> View Article
Latest Trends In Secure Data Storage Using Cloud Computing
Total Articles: 12
With every new product that technology offers, one wonders if this is the limit of human intellect. The latest in the offering is Cloud Computing. Here, one can store, access, and modify data in real-time. With an internet connection we can store data on a main server and access it from anywhere and from any device with the necessary applications. Once the data is stored, it may be accessed by anyone, making it vulnerable. In these times of cyber crime, data security is always a high priority.
Why Cloud Authentication?
Cloud authentication helps you keep the data secure and limit the access only to the user. In other words, the data is accessible only to the authorized individual with the corresponding authentic credentials. For example, like an email account, a unique user ID and password act as an authentication.
However one may still be vulnerable to a digital attack. To enhance the security, multiple layers of security are added thus making it very difficult for a third-party access to your information.
How Does This Work?
The process of adding multiple layers for security is commonly called as Multi-Factor Authentication or Two Factor authentication. This pattern makes use of another layer of security in addition to the User ID and password. Depending upon the feasibility, there are various means to add multiple layers of security. We can use the Captcha codes, biometrics, and retina scans, devices that generate cryptic codes using letters number or both. Now a days, mobile phones double-up as a device to facilitate the third layer of security. The most popular feature is the messaging service that sends out a one-time password (OTP) which is valid only for a specific time and specific number of uses. It generally expires after one use. This procedure is also known as SMS 2 factor authentication. The access is secure, as the request for an OTP is sent out from the user’s P.C., the code that is generated is sent to that same user’s mobile device and is valid only temporarily.
Advantages of Cloud Services
One may wonder, if this is the amount of care that needs to be assured in order to store data online, why do it? The service providers take utmost care to protect your data from digital threats. These services are highly beneficial to any enterprise. With cut-throat competition and fast and quality decision making, we need information at the tips of our fingers. With cloud authentication services you can continue with your work remotely as well!
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla