ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Cloud Security Predictions For 2014
Total Articles: 56
The cloud is being adopted rapidly by companies, with employees leading the way and using a myriad of different cloud apps. IT departments are struggling to maintain the security of data as employees upload it to the cloud, and with stories like NSA PRISM, 2013 was a year that highlighted the vulnerability of data when it leaves the firewall. So many enterprises are left wondering if the cloud enterprise-ready. In 2014 we expect a number of things will converge to improve data security in the cloud so companies can maintain security and compliance.
1. SaaS becomes the default option
Over the last several years, many SaaS applications have emerged that rival traditional enterprise software. Salesforce has gone from being the best cloud-based CRM to simply being the best CRM, on-premise or in the cloud. In 2014 this trend will accelerate as corporate IT departments and lines of business look to the cloud as the default option in most major IT investments.
2. IT embraces the cloud
The IT department has traditionally been the gatekeeper of technology and in the case of cloud has been the voice of “no” to many projects and cloud usage. As more employees are relying on cloud apps to do their jobs, this position is becoming increasingly unpopular. Instead of saying “no” to the cloud, IT is searching for ways to allow the use of cloud but in a responsible way. New tools and technologies will allow them to say yes and embrace the use of cloud.
3. The network edge moves to the cloud
Until a few years ago, the enterprise edge was the firewall. IT security teams had a handle on the security of data on the network and could secure it from malicious third parties. Now, employees freely upload data to the cloud. The network edge needs to move into the cloud, as companies build a perimeter around their data no matter where it lives.
4. Enterprise-controlled encryption
Regulated companies operating under HIPAA and other regulations have looked to encryption to meet their compliance requirements. In 2013, after details of the NSA PRISM program were leaked companies in all verticals are looking to encryption to secure their sensitive data when it leaves the network. The essential requirement is to encrypt data before it ever leaves the company and goes into the cloud and maintain control over the encryption keys so not even a cloud provider can decrypt the data and disclose it to third parties.
Companies, which are already embracing the cloud at the employee and department level, are poised to increase their adoption in 2014. A range of new Cloud Security technology is enabling this shift, so IT departments can allow popular cloud services while ensuring that corporate data in the cloud is secure and compliant. As cloud apps become the default option, these technologies will allow a new era of IT in which employees can grow the business using new cloud services.
Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Security Services company, enables companies to embrace Cloud Security Services with appropriate levels of security, compliance, and governance while lowering overall risk and cost. With customers in financial services, healthcare, high technology, media, manufacturing, and legal verticals, the company was a finalist for the RSA Conference 2013 Most Innovative Company award and was recently named a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner, Inc. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is led by an experienced team and is venture-backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit us at http://www.skyhighnetworks.com/ or follow us on Twitter@skyhighnetworks.
Computers Articles1. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
2. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
3. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
4. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?
5. Exchange Database Recovery Software
6. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
7. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
8. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
9. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
10. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
11. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
12. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
13. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
14. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
15. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services