ALL >> Health >> View Article
Benefits Of Workplace Drug Testing
Total Articles: 499
Workplace drug testing is important from the perspective of employees as well as employer as it benefits both. Studies show that there are beneficial results at workplace. This article discusses briefly the benefits of this measure.
Why workplace drug testing?
Workforce is an important asset to workplace. It is important that employees are healthy and are free from influence of substances such as alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs. This makes them more productive.
To make sure an environment free from influence of illicit substances, employers should conduct drug testing at workplace. This helps employers reduce and prevent the harmful consequences of substance abuse.
• Health and safety: This measure if enforced becomes a potential deterrent to drug abusers at the workplace. It enhances health and safety, and discourages employees from abusing substances.
Drug abuse leads to high absenteeism because of health issues. Drug Testing Efficacy 2011, a study by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), shows that absenteeism among employees is because of ill-health due to drug abuse.
• Fewer work-related hazards: It leads to fewer fatal work-related accidents, as people working will be focused. This reduces the number of work-related casualties.
• Rules out casualties by prevention: Substance abuse can lead to harmful consequences to all the employees, as well as the employer. Drug abusing employees are likely to cause distortion of attention of employees, which might lead to accidents resulting in casualties.
• Fewer workers' compensation claims: It was found by the study mentioned earlier that the percentage of companies where workers' compensation claims was high (14%) dropped to 6% after implementing the testing. This is beneficial to employers.
• Reduces medical expenses because of ill-health: Substance abuse leads to ill-health and consequent expenses on health care. Employers need to bear these expenses. As workplace drug testing becomes a deterrent, it will help potential abusers keep away from drugs and stay healthy.
• Enhances employer-employee relation and trust: It makes sure that the environment at workplace is safe. Employers need to take this preventive measure to rule out the influence of illicit drugs at workplace. This will lead to the feel among the employees that the employer is taking care for their good. This is likely to boost employer-employee relation.
Workplace drug testing is a sensitive issue. Unless employees are taken into confidence, they may resist any measures taken. Therefore, employers need to take proactive measures that are transparent and give employees a clarity on the matter. This helps them realize the benefits of workplace drug testing.
Drugteststrips.com is an online store offering reliable and FDA approved drug testing kits at affordable prices. Home drug test kits from drugteststrips.com can help you detect drugs by screening tests at home without the use of an instrument and thus you can avoid the need to go to doctor or hospital. Check know more about our test kits visit: http://www.drugteststrips.com
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash