ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Using Social Media For Recruiting Beyond Facebook, Linkedin And Twitter
Total Articles: 58
Using social media platforms for recruiting has grown by leaps and bounds since 2011. As people get increasingly connected socially and professionally in the virtual world, social media recruiting efforts will correspondingly need to grow and evolve to find avenues beyond using Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter for hiring quality talent. All 3 of them have been extensively mined and harvested by recruiters and continue to be mined primarily because of their huge user base. Recruiters now need to develop social recruiting strategies beyond the big 3 to make their hiring quicker and more effective.
Thankfully there is no dearth of avenues to help you both reach out to potential candidates as well as source information on candidate profiles that best fit the position you are looking to fill.
You can look at some of the below platforms for building your employer brand on social media for recruiting
• A video hub with a billion+ users, You tube can be used as an effective channel for recruiting embedding your video clips on your company including what employees can expect while working with your company. You can even have employees recounting their best moments in your company. With the potential to go instantly viral on the net, Youtube can build your company brand like no other provided the content is engaging and entertaining.
• Although the user base at 50 million+ is relatively smaller compared to Youtube, SlideShare can be also used for recruiting as it focuses on professional content unlike Youtube makes its user base a far more relevant audience to target. Slideshare allows you to host content in long form from a blog or website allowing you to establish connect with a very relevant group of users.
• With 48 million active users, Pinterest is among the fastest growing social media platforms which is now used for recruiting. It is an online pinboard with a visual focus and is a great medium for sharing images, graphics, and charts related to your brand and open positions
Recruiting candidates from social media channels apart from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter involves looking at some of the newer platforms and technologies that are slowly making their mark on the net.
• Google+ can be used for recruiting as it provides recruiters an opportunity to connect with candidates by adding them to their circles. Google+ users can create and categorize circles based on commonality and add people, including candidates to these circles. Recruiters can then contact individuals or groups in their circles public or privately based on their preference.
• Quora is now used effectively for hiring as it is an organized question-and-answer forum, monitored and edited by the users itself. The idea behind Quora is that every question page should function as the best resource for that particular topic based on inputs from your peer group itself. Quora is one of the better ways to follow passive candidates, especially on the technology side and allows you to assess the depth of knowledge, experience and conceptual thinking ability of a candidate on a particular topic.
• Instagram, Dribble and Foursquare are some of the other fast growing platforms which are being used for recruiting a particular skill set, for instance Dribble can be used particularly to generate leads on designers with an opportunity for designers to showcase their work.
At the other end of the spectrum, recruiting has evolved with the growth of social media to include recruitment tools that allow you to exploit social media platforms for hiring. One such area that is now extensively popular is using social media technology for employee referrals. Recruiters today are equipped with advanced employee referral tools that allow them to leverage the social networks of their employees to hire the best talent. These tools enable employees to easily share job openings on their social networks thus making every employee a potential recruiter for the organization.
Social recruiting is hence becoming an effective way of recruiting talent by the use of all these social platforms and so becomes an important link between recruiters and candidates.
You can read more on latest trends and technologies in recruitment on zalp.com/theemployeereferralblog/
Author Bio :
Savio Vadakkan is the Marketing Professional at ZALP, a unique employee referrals booster. ZALP helps organizations tap the full potential of their employee referrals using advanced employee referral tools, social media platforms for recruiting and interesting features like gamification.
Hardware/Software Articles1. How Relevant Is Software Testing In A Devops Era? Top 5 Reasons
2. Uses Of Accounting Software
Author: Ayisha S
3. Become A Smart And Successful Laptop Repair Engineer
Author: Natasa Suri
4. Essential Benefits Of Co2 Laser For Acrylic Cutting, Marking And Engraving
Author: Rob Hibbs
5. Empowering Finance And Banking Sector With Digital Technology
Author: Shreya Verma
6. Do You Know The Live Stream Apps Changing The World?
7. Top Reasons Why Every Hr Manager Should Use Employee Management Software
Author: Anish Desai
8. Why No Padlock On My Web Browser Or Website?
Author: Gaurav Maniar
9. How To Build The Right Selenium Testing Strategy In 4 Ways
10. Why It Is Important To Have Ms Office Within Office Environment
Author: Carl Smith
11. Why Laptop Screen Repair Should Be Done By An Expert In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
12. Steps To Fix Error Code: “8504, 104” And Download Norton Setup
Author: Robert Coleman
13. Rise Of Automation, Robotics And Artificial Intelligence -2018
Author: Kiran Paneri
14. Dell Printer Support At Your Service Within Minutes
15. How To Choose Best Printers For Small Business?
Author: kifnfo it solutions