ALL >> Parenting-Kids >> View Article
Indoor & Outdoor Games Ideas For Kids Under 5
Total Articles: 3
For parents their world revolves around children. Children bring much joy, delight to the parents and family. When a couple becomes parents, the mum and dad nurture the baby with warmth and affection taking care beforehand of all needs of the little angel. The parents try to give the most favorable environment for the all round development of the child. They try to give a warm, conducive environment for the physical, social and emotional, and cognitive development of the child. Every stage from birth to adolescence has different needs for biological, psychological and emotional changes which happen continuously in the process of child development.
Children need care and attention more in the first five years as they are dependent on parents, others for physical and emotional needs. There have been many studies which suggest a child’s mental, social and emotional development happens mainly in the first five years. So it is important a child has a good developmental environment in the first few years. It becomes challenging for parents or others who attend children to engage children in a way which is interesting and also help in physical, social and cognitive development. For children who stay home with parents or other caregivers or for children who stay at daycare or other childcare facility the day’s activities has to be planned to utilize a day in a good way.
Children can be engaged in indoor and outdoor play areas depending on the availability of space and external factors like weather etc. There are a variety of indoor games and craft activities for kids who can be energetic or low-key which can be played, done with kids for fun and have an educational element also. Below are some indoor games ideas for kids:
• Indoor Hide and Seek – In this game all players except one hide in the set boundary of the game, while the seeker with his eyes closed counts slowly 1 to 20. At the count of 20, the seeker shouts, “ready or not, here I come and finds the players. The player who is found first becomes the next seeker.
• Scavenger Hunt – In this game, some objects, items are hidden around the house and the players hunt around for objects around the player who bring the most items wins. It can be made more creative using some theme.
• Freeze Dance – Kids enjoy this game a lot as there is music, they dance when music is played and have to freeze at their place when stopped. The player who moves after the music is stopped is out.
• Craft Activities –This can include making shapes, flowers using paper and pasting on a board to make a collage, making puppets from material with the help of adults and perform a puppet show.
Some ideas for outdoor play with kids are below:
• Ball Games – This can include football, throw ball or passing the ball
• Cricket for kids – this can be played with a kids’ cricket set which
• Other games can be cycling, skating or other running games like hide and seek
For any games which are played with kids, it is very important to take care of child safety and should be played in a safe place which is free of motor vehicles or other danger.
Parenting/Kids Articles1. 7 Maintenance Tips For Your Trampoline
Author: Nathan Crowley
2. Kitten Training Tips For The Beginners
Author: Emma B
3. Personalized School Bags To Add Fun In Your Kids Lives
Author: Aditya Tripathi
4. Mee Mee: Mom Milk Matters World Breastfeeding Week 2016 Celebrations
5. Superfoods- More Than Just Milk …for Babies & Toddlers
6. Important Tips To Consider For Baby Bassinets Rental Services
Author: Stuart Hales
7. Babysitter Maternity Care And Patient Caretaker Services In Noida
Author: Satya prakash
8. Diaper Bags | Babyhaven
9. Baby Travel Gear - Car Seat Mats & Travel Potty | Babyhaven
10. Strollers - Jogging Strollers, Double Strollers & Travel Systems | Babyhaven
11. Baby Playards & Portable Beds | Babyhaven
12. Car Seats - Travel Systems, Infant Car Seats & Booster Seat | Babyhaven
13. Baby Carriers - Front, Back & Hip Carriers | Babyhaven
14. Infant Activity - Activity Gyms, Playmats & Baby Walkers | Babyhaven
15. Choosing The Right Baby Feeding Bottles
Author: Piyush Ranjan