ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Making Sense Of Loc: Internal Politics & Bilateral Firings
Total Articles: 1
Why have our Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in J&K has suddenly become violent? After ceasing fire for almost a decade, what has substantially changed between India and Pakistan that is echoing along the LoC/IB in J&K? Especially, when there is a democratically elected government and the civil society at large in Pakistan prefer a positive bilateral relationship between the two countries? On its part, even if the Congress government has not made positive utilization of the ceasefire, certainly has never wanted to derail the process. So why has our LoC become violent now?
Primary reasons are on the other side of the LoC and international border, especially over the relationship between the military and the elected government under Nawaz Sharif. It is no secret that the relationship between Nawaz Sharif and the military, despite the efforts by his brother Shabaz Sharif, is not positive. Though the Sharifs were the product and protégés of the military and its ISI in the late 1980s and 90s, the relationship has changed dramatically between the two, when Nawaz Sharif sacked Jehangir Karamat and also his successor Pervez Musharraf. While Karamat left silently, a gentleman officer he is, his successor, the Commando staged a coup and imprisoned Sharif. The relationship between the PML-N and the military ever since is well known to everyone.
Before and after his electoral victory, Nawaz Sharif has been openly advocating better Indo-Pak relations, for two simple reasons. First, he is well aware, as a businessman, given the economic situation within Pakistan, he cannot pursue a hostile strategy towards India. A better relationship, especially over trade, J&K and gas pipelines will substantially help Pakistan. Second, he is also well aware, a positive relationship with India will also undermine military’s inputs into foreign policy making, especially relating to New Delhi and J&K.
Learn more and Visit us : Suba Chandran
Social Community Articles1. Kolkata Models Agency
Author: Lovely Verma
2. Funeral Services To Make The Difficult Times A Bit Easier
Author: Sanjay Shah
3. Tools Used For Psychic Reading – Decide Which Workouts Best For You?
Author: Roosy Singh
5. Astrology And Its Importance In Your Life
Author: Indian Astrology
6. Transparent Hands: Safe Way To Donate Money To Charity Online
Author: Transparent Hands
7. Political Process And Affiliation
Author: Voteo Polis
8. Este Alquiler Coches Alicante Fotomatón Desentroniza Una Condesil
Author: Fredericka Busey
9. How To Implement Instagram Walls For Events
Author: Amit Bansal
10. State Of The Elderly In India
Author: kanan james
11. Essential Oil Diffuser Can Add A New Fragrance To Your Surroundings
12. United Nations Association Is A Program Of The United Nations Foundation
13. Is Front-line Child Protection Working?
Author: Entrust Social Care Ltd
14. Bidding Goodbye To The Loved Ones In A Graceful Way
Author: Mike Pagano
15. Aspire To Meet Your Security Necessities By Using The Latest Technology
Author: Luis Senon