ALL » Social-Community >> View Article
Making Sense Of Loc: Internal Politics & Bilateral FiringsBy Expert Author: Suba Chandran
Why have our Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in J&K has suddenly become violent? After ceasing fire for almost a decade, what has substantially changed between India and Pakistan that is echoing along the LoC/IB in J&K? Especially, when there is a democratically elected government and the civil society at large in Pakistan prefer a positive bilateral relationship between the two countries? On its part, even if the Congress government has not made positive utilization of the ceasefire, certainly has never wanted to derail the process. So why has our LoC become violent now?
Primary reasons are on the other side of the LoC and international border, especially over the relationship between the military and the elected government under Nawaz Sharif. It is no secret that the relationship between Nawaz Sharif and the military, despite the efforts by his brother Shabaz Sharif, is not positive. Though the Sharifs were the product and protégés of the military and its ISI in the late 1980s and 90s, the relationship has changed dramatically between the two, when Nawaz Sharif sacked Jehangir Karamat and also his successor Pervez Musharraf. While Karamat left silently, a gentleman officer he is, his successor, the Commando staged a coup and imprisoned Sharif. The relationship between the PML-N and the military ever since is well known to everyone.
Before and after his electoral victory, Nawaz Sharif has been openly advocating better Indo-Pak relations, for two simple reasons. First, he is well aware, as a businessman, given the economic situation within Pakistan, he cannot pursue a hostile strategy towards India. A better relationship, especially over trade, J&K and gas pipelines will substantially help Pakistan. Second, he is also well aware, a positive relationship with India will also undermine military’s inputs into foreign policy making, especially relating to New Delhi and J&K.
Learn more and Visit us : Suba Chandran
Social Community Articles1. Este Alquiler Coches Alicante Fotomatón Desentroniza Una Condesil
Author: Fredericka Busey
2. How To Implement Instagram Walls For Events
Author: Amit Bansal
3. State Of The Elderly In India
Author: kanan james
4. Essential Oil Diffuser Can Add A New Fragrance To Your Surroundings
5. United Nations Association Is A Program Of The United Nations Foundation
6. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Cual Bastimenta Adonde Un Autógrafo
Author: Taj Achen
7. Is Front-line Child Protection Working?
Author: Entrust Social Care Ltd
8. Bidding Goodbye To The Loved Ones In A Graceful Way
Author: Mike Pagano
9. Aspire To Meet Your Security Necessities By Using The Latest Technology
Author: Luis Senon
10. Visit Khatu Shaym And Have A Look At The Maha Bharat More Closely
Author: ponting brown
11. Tips From Obsession Phrases
12. Benefits Of Obsession Phrases
13. What Is The Obsession Phrases Book?
14. The Face Of Belief In Modern Times: Khatu Shyam Baba
Author: ponting brown
15. Big Opportunities For India In Sdgs – Fiinovation Reviews
Author: Rahul Choudhury