ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Beginners Guide: Different Types Of Betting Odds Information
Total Articles: 2
Sports betting work on pre-assumptions over the results of any given match. These pre-assumptions are known as odds. These odds are probabilities for victory, draw or defeat for a team, as calculated by bookies or bookmakers. Bookies or bookmakers are the persons who offer odds, take bets and handle payouts after the result is declared to the sports investors. Bettors need not to figure out the odds, instead he/she only has to read out the odds and know how to place the bets. If the placed bets or posted odds are better than the predicted bets, then you may win the bets, otherwise if the placed bets are less than the predicted bets, then there are less chances that you win a sports betting.
Beginners or unsuccessful bettors may think that betting is all about picking up winners, but that can be considered as a small part of success. Before beginners bet for any event, they need to understand main types of betting odds that are generally used while placing bets. Also they need to understand that how betting odds work after placing bets. The working of betting odds needs to be understood by the punters before they place betting on any sport. There are three main types of betting odds that can be placed while betting on any sport. Those betting odds are-
Most popular odds offered by almost all the bookies/bookmakers in the betting world are Decimal odds. Decimal odds clearly states that how much money will be gained on betting of each unit. For getting better accuracy out of the odds, most of the decimal odds go out to 2 decimal places. It is depended on bookmaker that how he takes 1 unit stake, whether 1, 10 or 100.
Second most common type of odds is fractional odds. Fractional odds follow the same base as followed in decimal odds and are more commonly used by UK bookmarkers. Fractional odds let a punter to know how much profit will be returned from 1 unit stake as opposed to how much in total will return from each unit of stake.
Third most popular odds popular in the betting world are American odds. These odds are also known as money lines, and is little bit different from other types of betting odds. American odds are primarily based on 100 stakes and predicts about positive or negative outcome from the bets. If the outcome is positive, then American odds will inform you how much profit you will make on 100 stakes. On the other side if the outcome is negative, then American odds will inform you about how much stake would be further needed to make 100 stakes on a bet.
Alice Croxy is United States author. Explain Betting Odds shows you how Vegas betting odds work and explain the types of betting odds in detail. If you are looking for any information on Best How Betting Odds Work than please contact us.
Sports Articles1. List Of Top Ngo In India Who Had Develop India
Author: Satya prakash
2. International Cricket Before The Prudential Cricket World Cup
3. Riordan Filmcamp And Bbq Camp : Know Where You Stand
Author: Craig Arnold
4. Summer Fun In San Francisco With Sports Camps
Author: Craig Arnold
5. How To Choose The Right Mountain Bike For You
Author: Laura John
6. India’s World Cup Cricket Live Scores To Bolster With New Finisher
7. Sri Lanka’s Rejuvenated Campaign Of Live World Cup Cricket Match
8. Fc Barcelona Vs Eibar Football Tips And Prediction Spanish La Liga
9. A Walkthrough Over Odi Records Of India And Australia Cricket Teams
10. The Uncommendable Nexus Of Captain-coach In Cricket Teams
11. Why Buy Cards Or Rugby Trophies Online Instead Of Local Trophy Stores?
Author: Better Trophies Better Prices Limited
12. Planning And Running Golf Events – The Formats…
Author: Ian Mullins
13. Ottis Gibson, South Africa’s Bet In Icc World Cup Cricket Today And Tomorrow
Author: cricket bolo
14. Fishing Trips Day And Night Deep Sea, Shark Fishing, Charter Boats At Sanibel Fl
Author: Sanibel Sport Fishing Charters
15. Real Sociedad Vs Rosenborg Betting Tips Uefa Europa League