ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Art Of Archery
Total Articles: 14
Archery has been an active part of life for thousands of years. Here are a few bits of information about the art of archery.
Archery is an art, skill, sport and practice of propelling arrows using a bow. Historically, this has been used for combat and hunting, while during the modern times, it has been primarily used for recreational activities. A person who is participating in archery is known as a bowman or an archer, and the one who is an expert at archery can also be referred to as toxophilite.
In the archery sport, the athletes will shoot an arrow on their target and will hit as close as possible to the center. While your arrow is very important, this will not soar without the bows help. Archers will pull the string of the bow towards their bodies and then release the string which will then propel your arrow through the air in the targets direction.
Three Types of Archery
This sport has been developed from a weapon of combat and hunting to sport. Today, this is already being practiced in many countries all over the world. There are also several types of archery including the following:
Target Archery this is the most common form of archery that has been practiced in the different parts of the globe. Shooting distances in this type of archery may vary from 90 meter for outdoors and 18 meters for indoor sports with target sizes of 80 or 122 cm for outdoors and 40 or 60 cm for indoors.
Field Archery this involves target shooting of varying distances, more often in rough terrain and woodland. The field course is then made up of either 48 or 24 targets that depend upon the round that is being shot.
Clout Archery this is also a famous discipline in Australia because of its enjoyable aspect. This is derived from warfare during the medieval times wherein archers will lob their arrows on the army that is advancing. A target that measures 15m in diameter is being marked on the ground.
Archery is one of the most popular sports today in the world because of the excitement and fun that it can bring to each archer.
Sports Articles1. Enjoy A Soothing Corporate Golf Holiday In Thailand
Author: Hanah Chen
2. 5 Benefits Of Streaming Cricket Hd Live Online!
Author: Andre Ron
3. Build Muscle And Shed Weight
Author: Billy Barnard
4. Strategies For Household Physical Fitness
Author: Alfonzo Reagan
5. Some Tips For You To Do A Complimentary Online People Search
Author: Nicholas Witt
6. Five Approaches To Discover Your Fitness
Author: Klara Estes
7. Hair Thinning And 3 Old-fashioned Types Of Treatment
Author: Maryanne Kerrigan
8. What Are The Best Scuba Diving Locations In Us Virgin Islands?
Author: Christy Berry
9. Build Up Muscle And Lose Some Weight
Author: Vera Bragg
10. Activities Medication Top Strategies For Efficient Workout
Author: Verla Speer
11. Classification Of Awards And Trophies – Everything You Need To Know
Author: Better Trophies Better Prices Limited
12. Interesting Weight Reduction Programs
Author: Sibyl Tejada
13. Why Gym Shoe Are Necessary For Boys
Author: Justin Thorson
14. The Must Attend Site-scenes While Going In A Thailand Golf Vacation
Author: Hanah Chen
15. Wholesale Clothes - Get Cheap Kids' Clothes Wholesale Through Salehoo
Author: Mario Fairbanks