ALL >> Art >> View Article
Learning To See Creatively
Total Articles: 77
Developing a creative eye is about seeing things in a different way; a personal visual opinion rather than obvious point of view. When we first use a camera we take pictures of all the obvious things around us, landmarks, people we know, family pets, Uncle George etc. This is all a very necessary part of learning photography and after repeatedly taking these pictures, boredom starts to creep in.
If we get bored enough, we tend to look further than the obvious for our photographic subjects, hopefully encouraging us to interpret these subjects in a different manner - but, as we so often see; some people continuously take boring pictures, until they become experts at doing so.
The problem is that we all have pre-conceived ideas about how something should look, and that is what we photograph, so if we want to be creative we must drop these pre-conceptions, and start looking at things from a small child's "innocence".
• Isolate part of an overall scene, using the camera's viewfinder.
• Show things how they are not normally viewed.
• Use light creatively, to show texture.
• Give mood to, or produce silhouetted shapes.
• Use telephoto lenses for landscapes, wide angle lenses for portraits.
• Take photos into the sun.
• Take pictures while jumping in the air.
• Place horizons where you want them to be.
After a while creative vision becomes as natural as breathing, and when this occurs, you can concentrate on capturing the moment:
• The peak of action.
• A fleeting glance.
• Certain lighting conditions.
Learn all the "Rules" of composition, and then see how many you can break while still communicating powerful images. Try not focusing on the point of interest, instead focus on shape, or form. Decide what you want to emphasize, what message you want to convey to the viewer.
A part of learning to see creatively is to look for pictures within pictures. Try looking at a scene through a 28mm wide-angle lens, then change to a 100mm telephoto lens and see how many different pictures you can isolate within that scene.
When you possess the ability to creatively "see", you will never again have to worry about the problems encountered in photography or anything that may have to do with your camera equipment. But how will you know when you have reached the level of being an "A-1" Lens-person, with the ability to see things from a photographic perspective?"
Practice, practice, practice and apply everything you have learnt from photography to your shooting sessions. As they say, practice makes perfect, and "Perfect Practice makes Perfect Pictures".
And you must also learn how to utilize all the techniques required until they have become second nature to you. You need to know how and when to utilize the required techniques of photography and camera, and lenses to create the images you want, finally providing the answers to those questions which you have kept asking yourself .
Are you looking for a wedding photographer in Brisbane? Amy is one of the best wedding photographers in Brisbane Australia. Amy Steed brings a natural, timeless style to Brisbane Wedding Photography. Visit and get more information on www.amysteedphotography.com/
Art Articles1. Best 3 Wallpaper Websites 2018
2. The Indian Handicrafts Make The Culture Come Alive
Author: Nancy Smith
3. List Of Popular Modern And Traditional Tattoo Styles.
4. Expand Your Reach In For Most Meaningful Photography For Your Wedding
5. Tarot Card Reading Tips For You
Author: Aashish Patidar
6. Use Wrap Advertisement To Reach Large Number Of People
Author: Alex Dawson
7. Beautiful Wohnzimmer Bilder Can Transform The Look Of Your Home
8. Why Should You Choose Vector Images For Marketing?
Author: Jayesh Gosai
9. True Meaning Of Abstract Paintings: Lay Your Hands On Best Abstract Expressionist Paintings For Sale
Author: Fletcher Plummer
10. Planning To Throw A Party This Weekend? Make It A Stellar Soirée With Digital Jukeboxes!
Author: Laurie Hekeik
11. Things To Think About When Picking A House Painter
Author: Olivia William
12. How To Find A Reliable House Painter In Chilliwack
Author: Olivia William
13. Photography A Must At Wedding Or Not?
14. The Best Way To Have Custom Banners In Charlotte, Nc
Author: Rene Navas
15. Adopting New Technologies Along With The Existing One Is Always Useful
Author: Alex Dawson