ALL >> Parenting-Kids >> View Article
6 Ways To Make Your Kids Laugh
Total Articles: 452
There is really nothing like the laughter of children. When we're young, we love laughter, although this tends to fade as we get older and become more serious about life. The laughter of a child, though, is truly contagious and has the ability to brighten even the worst mood. Help you children develop their own sense of fun and enjoy life with these fun ways to make your kids laugh every day.
1. Tell your kids they are not allowed to laugh
This one is foolproof! Tell your children that they are not allowed to laugh or smile under any circumstances and watch how long it takes for them to burst into giggles. After giving the rule, quickly cross your eyes, stick out your tongue or just look into their eyes intently. No child can last more than a minute or so!
2. Role reversal
Tell your child that you are now the kid and they're the parent. Then, act as they do on their craziest, most hyper day. Run around the house, start throwing pillows around, hide under the table and watch as they laugh themselves silly trying to control you!
3. Jokes for kids
As children get older, they begin to appreciate humor to a greater degree. Even preschoolers can enjoy a good joke, like "What kind of flower do you wear on your face?" "Two-lips!" Make up your own mom-approved jokes for kids or try buying a book of jokes for kids, both young and young-at-heart. Kids love learning new jokes they can try on their friends at school and this is also a great way to pass the time during a long car drive.
4. Add funny captions to pictures
This works well with younger children and older kids and it's perfect for home or while you're stuck on an airplane. Grab on old magazine, duplicate family photos or those in-flight magazines and grab a pen. Add funny captions to pictures and have your kids lend a hand coming up with ideas.
5. Play the would you rather game
Kids of all ages love this one! Take turns posing "Would you rather...?" questions to each other, like "Would you rather be able to only quack like a duck or moo like a cow?" "Would you rather be Cinderella or Snow White (or Spiderman or Iron Man)?" "Would you rather be missing a toe or have an extra finger?"
6. Mad Libs
This classic game is still a hit with kids at least five years old, although even younger kids can play too, with some help. You can find tons of different Mad Libs now, like the Super Silly Mad Libs Junior. You can even find it on your iPhone! If you're not familiar with Mad Libs, it's a phrasal template word game where one player asks the other for a list of words to fill in blanks in the story. The book has short stories with most keywords left blank, like "_______! he said _______ as he jumped into his convertible _______ and drove off with his _______ wife." You'll be prompted to provide adverbs, nouns, adjectives ad exclamations to fill in the blanks and make a silly story to read together.
There you have it, six great ideas to get you started! What are you waiting for? Try out some jokes for kids or play a silly game to get your kids -- and yourself -- laughing!
Parenting/Kids Articles1. 6 Activities You Can Do With Your Kids To Enhance Their Lives
Author: Alvina Jennifer
2. How To Be A Good Parent: Some Valuable Tips!
3. Why Education Must For Disabled?
Author: Ross Barkely
4. What Are The Different Types Of Diapers For Your Baby?
Author: Harleen Kaur
5. A Guide On Choosing The Best Baby Diaper Pants
Author: Harleen Kaur
6. What Are The Keys To Successful Parenting?
Author: Sanjana Sharma
7. 6 Factors To Consider When Buying A Ride-on
Author: Nathan Crowley
8. How To Deal With Your Children’s Boredom
Author: Katherine Harris
9. Does Hiring A Professional Newborn Photographer Make Sense? Here’s The Answer!
Author: Tony Singh
10. Benefits Of Online Communities For Kids
11. 4 Questions To Ask Before You Hire Event Organizers In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
12. Tips To Find Kids How To Use Social Media With Safety
13. Going To School Turns Interesting For Kids With Designer Backpacks As Carriers
Author: Nitin Jain
14. Gifting Diaper Bags After Buying The Same Online Is The Easiest And Best Option
Author: Nitin Jain
15. How To Get Pregnant Even If A Woman Has Pcos?
Author: Swati Desai