ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Meaningful Backpacking Mementos
Total Articles: 12
What’s a great trip without a meaningful memento to remember it by? Backpacking, however, poses unique challenges to souvenir shopping. A tight budget, limited pack space, and a desire for authenticity often cause backpackers to shy away from duty-free airport shopping in favor of some undetermined and definitely less cheesy piece of memorabilia to cherish as a reminder of their transformational trip. A backpacker’s travel memento collection is often his or her most prized possession, no matter what form it takes.
Of course, a passport filled with colorful stamps is the epitome of travel collections. But this important and personal document isn’t something most travelers are comfortable displaying on the coffee table as evidence of their international adventures. There are many ways to take a similar simple approach to travel collections. A display of boarding passes in a nice photo album; a collection of free items from hotels like matches, soaps, or pens; or a homemade book composed of laminated brochures from various visited attractions are simple and free ways to show-off one’s worldliness and reminisce about past trips.
It’s not often that backpackers travel without a camera. Photography and backpacking go hand in hand so it’s only natural that such travelers amass an impressive collection of images. Photographs are often a backpacker’s most treasured mementos and can be saved and shared in a variety of ways. Whether you choose a traditional album of prints, collection of photobooks, wall display, travel-inspired photography blog, or social media album, the images captured on a backpacking trip are permanent representations of the amazing things you saw with your own eyes.
Whether male or female, stylish or not-so-concerned, clothing is often the perfect souvenir for backpackers. Purchasing one article of clothing or accessory from each destination provides travelers with a functional item to carry in their packs as well as something that is useable in everyday life once they return home. Search for a piece that represents the destination in which it was purchased but also something that can be assimilated into your everyday wardrobe. A beautiful scarf from Istanbul or a wool sweater from Ireland will serve as a reminder of the trip as well as a conversation starter whenever it is worn.
What’s your idea of the perfect backpacker’s travel memento?
About the Author-
Hi I’m Ash Clark and this is TheMostAlive.com - a space dedicated to sharing stories, photography and videos from unique destinations across our world. We hope they inspire you to discover the world you live in as well.Find out more about backpack travels please visit our site .
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family