ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Meaningful Backpacking Mementos
Total Articles: 12
What’s a great trip without a meaningful memento to remember it by? Backpacking, however, poses unique challenges to souvenir shopping. A tight budget, limited pack space, and a desire for authenticity often cause backpackers to shy away from duty-free airport shopping in favor of some undetermined and definitely less cheesy piece of memorabilia to cherish as a reminder of their transformational trip. A backpacker’s travel memento collection is often his or her most prized possession, no matter what form it takes.
Of course, a passport filled with colorful stamps is the epitome of travel collections. But this important and personal document isn’t something most travelers are comfortable displaying on the coffee table as evidence of their international adventures. There are many ways to take a similar simple approach to travel collections. A display of boarding passes in a nice photo album; a collection of free items from hotels like matches, soaps, or pens; or a homemade book composed of laminated brochures from various visited attractions are simple and free ways to show-off one’s worldliness and reminisce about past trips.
It’s not often that backpackers travel without a camera. Photography and backpacking go hand in hand so it’s only natural that such travelers amass an impressive collection of images. Photographs are often a backpacker’s most treasured mementos and can be saved and shared in a variety of ways. Whether you choose a traditional album of prints, collection of photobooks, wall display, travel-inspired photography blog, or social media album, the images captured on a backpacking trip are permanent representations of the amazing things you saw with your own eyes.
Whether male or female, stylish or not-so-concerned, clothing is often the perfect souvenir for backpackers. Purchasing one article of clothing or accessory from each destination provides travelers with a functional item to carry in their packs as well as something that is useable in everyday life once they return home. Search for a piece that represents the destination in which it was purchased but also something that can be assimilated into your everyday wardrobe. A beautiful scarf from Istanbul or a wool sweater from Ireland will serve as a reminder of the trip as well as a conversation starter whenever it is worn.
What’s your idea of the perfect backpacker’s travel memento?
About the Author-
Hi I’m Ash Clark and this is TheMostAlive.com - a space dedicated to sharing stories, photography and videos from unique destinations across our world. We hope they inspire you to discover the world you live in as well.Find out more about backpack travels please visit our site .
Travel Articles1. 5 Unknown Facts About Finland That You Didn`t Know
Author: Flightsnfare UK
2. Australia: 4 Crucial Things To Know Before Travelling
Author: Australia Visa
3. Time Countries Take For Visa Processing
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
4. Essential Factors Behind The Improving Use Of Koh Samui Villas
Author: Partha Goswami
5. Important Things To Know Before Traveling To Muktinath
6. Breathtaking Panorama View Of Pokhara Tour And Annapurna Range
7. Cheap Limo Service Near Me Put Breathtaking Wedding Productions Within Reach
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Transport In Phoenix Via Charter Bus Rental Only Answer To Two-venue Wedding
Author: Hire Charter Bus
9. Tips For Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking Tour
10. Obtain The Best Customers Service In Nepal Tour At A Completive Price
11. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed With Our Loudoun Cab And Sterling Taxi Services We Are Proudl
Author: Dulles Express Cab
12. Assistance To Create A Visit To Koh Samui More Happy By Making A Better Plan
Author: Partha Goswami
13. Haridwar Taxi Services, Travel Company In Haridwar
14. Enjoy The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking With Adventurous Activities
15. Sarangkot Hiking Tour For Enjoying This Vacation With Friends