ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Interesting Facts You Should Know About Marylebone Before Planning Your Trip
Total Articles: 62
Europe as a whole holds a lot of history and fairytale aura that draws tourists from all over the world. Thousands of individuals flock each year to the streets of London to get a glimpse of the modern-day royalty. It is not just the modern-day royalty that lures tourists but the historical attractions made famous just by their continued existence. There are many tourists' attractions such as a large very large giant Ferris wheel, the famed big Ben, Kensington place and Berry Bros. & Rudd.
While all of the glitz and glam of the royal life holds its promise it is the quaint neighbourhoods that truly makeup London's sense of awe. Marylebone is one of these neighbourhoods. Marylebone is located in the heart of London. The thriving city of Marylebone manages to keep quite a low profile in its prestigious location. Marylebone is just north of the very fancy Selfridges department store and a little south of Regent's Park. Marylebone has the quaint feel that draws individuals for a lazy afternoon stroll. Marylebone is rich in culture, fashion, food, including some of the very best restaurants and cafes in the world. Marylebone is home to some of the most fancy shops in London such as Paul Smith, Tracy Neuls, Beige, Deploy, Cox and Power and much more. In addition Marylebone is a city rich in hospitality. You are never lost in the quaint city of Marylebone instead you have just engaged into a new friendship.
Marylebone is a residential neighbourhood district lined with Edwardian and Georgian town homes. This beautifully white terraced residential neighbourhood holds a distinct hiss of culture that speaks to anyone who discovers its Marylebone is also home to the famous Wallace Collection. Which includes Jean-Honore Fragonard's famous painting titled The Swing. In addition to offering tourists a glimpse inside their lives Marylebone has also shared its residents with the world. There are many famous faces born in Marylebone which have brought entertainment throughout the world via the big screen. Such persons such as Joely Richardson (The Patriot), Natasha Richardson (The Parent Trap), Alec Guinness (Star Wars), Hayley Mills (The Parent Trap), Gemma Jones (Bridget Jones' Diary), Lynn Redgrave (Gods and Monsters), Jane Asher (Death at a Funeral) as well as Dave Legeno (Harry Potter).
Marylebone was also home to John Lennon of the Beatles. John Lennon resided in a flat at 32 Montagu Square. Marylebone is also home to an early Georgian era prophet by the name of Joanna Southcott
Marylebone derives its rich culture and love of living from its very existence, from its history. The quaint little city of Marylebone inherited its name from a church which was dedicated to the beloved St. Mary. The original church was constructed near a small Bourne (also known as a stream) referred to as Tybourne. Over time the city became known as St. Mary at the Bourne. Eventually the name was shortened to Marylebone as we know it today.
I found the following website very helpful about Marylebone Village, I hope you will find it useful too: Marylebone
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco