ALL >> Story >> View Article
The Truth About Pearl Superstitions And Beliefs
Total Articles: 16
Pearls are considered historically as an ultimate wedding gem, it has been in fact, always been the first wedding jewelry choice for most brides. Pearls are usually associated with weddings because it represents the beauty and purity of a woman.
Originally, this wedding jewelry superstition started in India several years ago when a father collected a lot of pearls from the sea for his daughter’s wedding. And all superstitions and beliefs started from there.
Gemstone superstitions 101
1. One of the most popular superstitions about pearls says that pearls can never be incorporated to engagement rings because it symbolizes tears in the marriage.
2. Brides, on the day of their wedding, were usually warned and cautioned to avoid wearing pearls as people usually associated pearls to tears and sorrow on a bride’s married life.
So clearly, these superstitions about this wedding jewelry have linked pearls as one of the reasons why some women, on their marriage life feel unhappy and unsatisfied. Science has nothing to say about it as of the moment and no life situations have proven the same. On the brighter side of the picture, not only superstitions but common beliefs about pearls were upheld by many people.
Beliefs on pearls
People have believed many types of superstitions due to the things they see around them. It is never bad to believe those, for in some instances there exists people healed from a certain kind of disease, a person who may have been saved from a certain kind of situation and things like that. Here are some of the few beliefs that people from the old generations have imparted to us.
1. It is believed to bring health, wealth, long life and good luck to its wearer.
2. It also forecasts danger, prevents sickness and death.
3. Some people also believed that it can be used in love potions.
4. Sleeping with a pearl under the pillow was believed to be one of the best ways to have a child.
5. Some people also believed that it treats madness, jaundice, snakes and insect bites and protects divers against sharks.
As a gemstone, wide superstitions were surrounding such. Some started during ancient times and up to now, people continue to believe these superstitions still hold true.
Wedding myths have passed down from generation to generation and probably while many people still believe the same, more generations in the future will surely believe it. Women always want to have a fairytale kind of a wedding; they want it to be perfect because for some of them, it can only happen once in their lives. These superstitions, myths and beliefs have been around maybe because they are meant to warn or to prevent things from happening. In that case however, may we not limit ourselves from doing what we think and know is right.
Pearls, the oldest and most universal of all gems. Even if all else fails, pearls will always stay and be known in the future generations.
“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”
Story Articles1. Казино Вулкан Играть Бесплатно
Author: Gabriel Wilhelm
2. Clever Iphone 6 Hacks
Author: Chris d. Thomas
3. Leading Exchange Coinbase Declares Support For 0x Protocol [zrx] Token
Author: Unknown Member
4. Creative Ideas To Decorate The Party Place For The Friendship Day
Author: simran sandhu
5. Roman Chasuble
Author: PSG Vestments
6. Know The Top 5 Business Practices Of The Highest Rated Startups!
Author: Shoeb Mannur
7. Could Storm Barrier Help Protect Greybarns 1 Bedroom Apartments For Rent In Amityville
Author: Lawrence Roy
8. Enhance Your Business’s Image With Stylish And Customized Corporate Apparel
9. Como Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Malrota Este Polígrafo Heteroclamídeo
Author: Jared Stiner