ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Steak Tartare Recipe
Total Articles: 211
Steak Tartare is a popular meat dish which is very easy to cook. Its spectacular taste makes it one of the most sought after beef dishes in the world. It is made from finely minced or chopped raw beef. As the highlight of the dish is the beef, it is important that the beef is of a superior quality. The dish is primarily served with a piece of warm toast, capers, seasonings, sauce, onions, and egg yolk.
This dish is known to have got its origins at the advent of the 20th century. At that point of time, it was recognized as ‘steak a la tartare’, which means “steak served with a tartare sauce.” With the passage of time, it soon got modified into the well-known dish of chopped and uncooked beef combined with Worcestershire sauce, shallots and capers, Tabasco, and all of them mixed together with raw egg yolk.
Following are some tips you need to keep in mind if you are planning to cook the best steak tartare at home:
I. The beef and the egg yolk you will serve are going to be raw; so, it is highly advisable that you buy the beef and the egg from a reputable source. Make sure they are fresh and of a high quality.
II. Make sure that you let the butcher know that you will be using the meat to prepare a tartare. It is important that he gives you the best cut.
III. If you are planning to chop the beef on your own, it is advisable that you remove the sinews to get a better texture.
IV. Get the beef properly covered up and refrigerate it until you are all set to use it.
V. Pinot Noir is a good wine and its exquisite flavors of raspberry and cherry will go well with the steak tartare.
Ingredients (to serve 4 as an appetizer):
• 600 grams of best-quality beef tenderloin– properly rinsed and minced
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons of finely chopped capers – properly drained and rinsed
• 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
• ¼ cup of chopped shallots
• 4 teaspoons of olive oil
• 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley leaves
• 3 tablespoons of finely chopped red onions
• 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
• 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce
• Salt to taste
• White pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
• Place the minced beef in a large bowl. Keeping the eggs aside, pour the ingredients and mix them together gently. Mash the ingredients until they are evenly combined.
• Cover the mouth of the bowl tightly with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. Keep the bowl inside for nearly an hour to let all the flavors blend in perfectly.
• Put the mixture on four plates as moulds. Crack the eggs and pour an egg yolk on top of each mould. If you do not prefer this, you can mix the egg along with other ingredients during the mixing.
• If there is any remaining ingredient, use a rubber spatula and put it over slices of toasted bread. Serve them hot along with more capers, sauce and finger fries.
Over the years, steak tartare has gone through various modifications. Every country has their unique style and makes their own individual additions to the meat. However, there are still a few restaurants which hold on to the classic recipe. To name a few, there are some restaurants which offer the best steak tartares in Edmonton, Alberta. If you have never tasted it before, it is highly suggested that you visit one of these restaurants, taste it, and get lost in the delicacy of this unique dish.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Meal Delivery Toronto – Using Technology To Get Cooked Food
Author: oliver shin
2. A Brand That You Can Trust: Sunimpex
Author: Himanshu Sen
3. Green Tea:- Remedy For All The Health Problems
Author: Abhishek Dixit
4. Feel Good By Searching American Foods In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
5. Join Teafloor Monthly Tea Box Subscription
6. 10 Best Breakfast Around The World
Author: Dominik Banzon
7. Why Health Conscious Use Organic Fertilizers For Their Plants
8. Where To Find Wholesale Vape Mods And The Newest Mod Technology
Author: Ben Oesterling
9. The Margarita Truck And The Science And Art Of Margarita Making
Author: Justin Prietto
10. For Events In Beverly Hills And Malibu, Taco Catering Cuts It
Author: Justin Prietto
11. Avocado: A Vital Component Of Tacos And Taco Cart Catering
Author: Justin Prietto
12. 5 Myths About Pizza That Are Simply Bogus
Author: Laurie Hekeik
13. Alcohol Delivery Singapore – Enhancing The Party Pleasures Of Singaporeans!
Author: Vicky Mamoria
14. Get Your Kids Hooked On Veggies And Fruits
Author: Karen Williams
15. These Are The Qualities That Make A Good Restaurant Stand Out
Author: Nadia Turov