ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Best Practices For User Profiles
Total Articles: 256
The following are the best practices for mcp handling user profiles:
Allow for different hardware configurations.
Use the same type of video hardware when you create or edit a user profile for a single user.
Create a single mandatory user profile for a group of users only if they all use computers with the same type of video hardware.
Do not use Offline Folder caching on roaming user profile shared directories. Otherwise, you could experience synchronization problems when both Offline Folders and the roaming user profile attempt to synchronize the files in a user's profile.
Do not use Encrypted File System (EPS) on files in a roaming user profile. EPS is not compatible with roaming user profiles.
Do not set disk quotas too low for users with roaming user profiles. Otherwise, the roaming user profile synchronization might fail.
When creating a roaming profile shared directory, limit access to only those users who need access. Only give users the minimum amount of permissions needed.
When creating the shared directory, hide it by putting a A+ training course after the share name.
This hides the shared directory from casual browsers and it will not be visible in My Network Places.
Use servers running Windows 2000 or later to host roaming user profile shared directories. Security features in Windows 2000 and the Windows Server 2003 fam?
ily can help to secure a user's data.
Always use the NTFS file system for volumes holding users' data. NTFS supports discretionary access control lists (DACLs) and system access control lists (SACLs),
which control who can perform operations on a file and what events will trigger logging of actions performed on a file.
To plan a user authentication strategy, you must determine whether your organization will use keyboard or smart card logon. For keyboard logon, you must determine the user account naming convention and password requirements.
The user account naming convention you adopt establishes how users are identified in the domain. A consistent user account naming convention helps you and
your a+ exam papers users remember user logon names and locate them in lists.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Nsa Expands Its Role In The Infor Partner Network
Author: Neil Smilowitz
2. What Drives The Global Distributed Antenna Systems Market?
Author: Andrew Thomas
3. Which Internet Service Provider Offers The Best Internet Plan In Canada, Ontario?
Author: CanNet Telecom Inc.
4. Ethical Hacking Course | Hacking Course
Author: rekha ydv
5. What Is A Home Security Systems Melbourne Services And How It Works?
6. How Important Sevenmonies Managed Service Providers Are To Scale Your Business
7. Data Center Security: Controlling Possible Threats
Author: Insights Success
8. How Do Warehousing Companies In India Help Businesses?
Author: kumar ram
9. Sas Program And Its Diverse Features
Author: Adela Armstrong
10. Why Should I Install Security Systems Melbourne In Business?
11. Migration From On-premise Application To Aws Public Cloud
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd
12. Cloud Computing Can Make You More Secure
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd
13. Bitdefender Family Pack - Reviews, Specification, Pricing, Download
Author: Steves k
14. Things You Should Remember While Installation Of Cctv Cameras At The Hotel
Author: Emily Thomas
15. Insulating Rubber Mats - Importance And Advantages
Author: Aayush Kejriwal