ALL >> Business >> View Article
Active Directory Overview
Total Articles: 256
Active Directory provides a method for designing a directory structure that meets the needs of your organization
MCITP benefits. This lesson introduces the concept of a directory service, the use of objects in Active Directory, and the function of each of the Active Directory components.
Interoperability with other directory services Active Directory is based on
standard directory access protocols, including Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) version 3, and the Name Service Provider Interface (NSPI), and can interoperate with other directory services employing these protocols. Because the LDAP directory access protocol is an industry-standard directory service protocol,programs can be developed using LDAP to share Active Directory information
with other directory services that also support online MCITP certification. The NSPI protocol, which is used by Microsoft Exchange Server 4 and 5.x clients, is supported by Active Directory to provide compatibility with the Exchange directory.
Signed and encrypted LDAP traffic By default, Active Directory tools in Windows Server 2003 sign and encrypt all LDAP traffic by default. Signing LDAP traffic guarantees that the packaged data comes from a known source and that it has not been tampered with.
For those readers already familiar with the features of Active Directory for Windows 2000, a detailed listing of the new Active Directory features available in the Windows Server 2003 family is located in Appendix A, "New Active Directory Features in the Windows Server 2003 Family."
A set of basic schema classes and attributes is shipped with Active Directory. Experi?enced developers and network administrators can dynamically extend the schema by defining new classes and attributes for existing classes. For example, if you need to provide information about users that is not currently defined in the schema, you must extend the schema for the User class. However, extending the schema is an advanced operation that could have serious consequences. Because schema cannot be deleted, but only deactivated, and a schema is automatically replicated, you must plan and prepare carefully
Free A+ exam questions before extending the schema.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray