ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
The History Of Shorts
Total Articles: 118
Shorts are shortened version of trousers. This is a type of clothing that does not cover the entire length of the leg. Both men and women to cover up the upper part of the legs use it and other cuts of this clothing extends below the knee.
Shorts are type of clothing that is easy to wear and comfortable to use. It can be used as an undergarment too. Discussed below is the history of shorts, this will give you enough understanding how classic shorts transcends to nowadays' high fashion shorts.
Shorts originated from Europe and United States during the 19th century, young boys used to wear shorts before they attain their maturity age. The shorts serve as their main clothes during young age but when they have reached puberty age, they will be given their first pair of long trousers. During this century, men avoid wearing shorts due to the fact they were afraid of looking immature.
Women during early years are not allowed to wear shorts. It serves as a taboo in most cultures and nations. In some cultures, wearing short garments were not allowed because of the social norms that they follow.
Knee pants are the early type of short pants during the year 1890s. American boys with collaboration of short stockings mostly wear this type of shorts. Moreover, during the year 1900s, American boys began wearing knickerbockers. In addition, during this year, more Europeans wore short pants. Moreover, during 1930s, men and women used to wear shorts outdoor for fitness and athletic purposes, but, it is still a taboo to use shorts outside this activities.
Adult men wore shorts during World War II. However, even if shorts are mainly worn for younger boys, men during this time have used shorts especially during summer weather. Several decades have passed before the idealism on wearing shorts changes. During the late 20th century, more and more men wore shorts during summer.
Nowadays, different people at all ages wear shorts. Even women can use shorts without thinking that it is a taboo in their culture. Moreover, you need to know the tips in wearing shorts if you want to use this clothing properly.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Top 10 Best Jewellery Brands In India
Author: meenal deshpande
2. Ratio Ii Free Diver Professional 200m Quartz 22ad202 Men’s Watch
Author: Jason C
3. Essential Tips For Purchasing Diamond Jewelry
Author: Michelle Diamond-Reece
4. Designer Watches Are Usually About Style
Author: Tech Watch
5. Check This Out Before Buying Steampunk Or Gothic Corset Dresses.
Author: Corset Dress kart
6. Professionally Designed Bridesmaid’s Dresses Flow With You And Accentuate Your Natural Grace
Author: Raj Bhandari
7. Gear Box - Clothing & Accessories
Author: KAMAL NAGPAL
8. Search Online For Navy Prom Dresses
Author: Sarah Addyson
9. Seiko 5 Sports Automatic Japan Made Srpc53j1 Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
10. Tag Heuer Watches Are Usually Your Inspiration For Much Better Performance
Author: Varun Sharma
11. A Few Terrific Some Ideas For Gents Comical Costumes Halloween Nighttime Is A Alibi To Possess Fun,
12. Checkered Shirts Womens – All You Need To Know!
Author: Vivek Singh
13. Top Jewellery Shops London Can Be The Ultimate Venue For You To Explore Exclusive Handmade Jewelries
Author: John Watson
14. Fashion Jewellery Designer Has Announced The Best And Unique Fashion Jewelries For The Market!
Author: John Watson
15. The Ancient History Of Birthstones And Zodiac Stones
Author: Future Study Online