ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Choose The Right Light Fixtures For The Home
Total Articles: 2
Lighting is of fundamental importance in setting the ambience in your home. Besides illuminating the house, your choice of lighting can set the tone and mood of your home’s occupants. Often a good starting point is to talk with your local electrician on The Gold Coast. They have a lot of experience in installing lighting and can probably show you some ideas that work and some that didn’t.
Here are some ideas so you can choose the right light fixtures for your home:
- Lighting options can be found in a variety of budgets, from the traditional to contemporary styles. There are fixtures crafted in bamboo, plastics, ceramics, metals, glass, crystals, and natural as well as synthetic fiber. They come in a huge array of sizes and shapes.
- There are light strips, floor lamps, ceiling lamps, wall scones, spot and pendant lights, chandeliers and many more to choose from.
- Most people are very choosy when selecting lighting fixtures for their home’s interior and exterior areas. The options are amazing, there are vis-à-vis colours, tones, brightness levels and energy saving options available so sometimes it becomes difficult to decide.
- Before you select your fixtures and deciding on their placement, it’s important to know what you need and the purpose of your lighting. You should aim to minimise the number of fixtures you need but maximise their effect and their functionality.
- Many of the lights that use New-age LED technology, help to provide flexibility so you can combine ambient and accent lights, with the ability to change the colour effect depending on the time of day and the required conditions you wish to create. All this can be in one single fixture.
Different lights for different rooms
It is always a good idea to take advantage of any available natural light when you select artificial lighting methods. Having adequate illumination is important in all areas, but you need to also balance the aesthetical with the functional nuances of light. Some areas need task lighting to avoid eye strain, while others require a soothing ambience. In many modern light fittings, there are built in dimmers that allow you to control the brightness level.
- Your main lighting source should be bright. LED lights of relevant wattage, provide comfortable feelings
- Large hanging fittings should be mounted at least seven to eight ft. above the floor
- At workstations, place lamps at the correct angles, to ensure no shadow falls on the working areas
- A lamp on your side table provides charm and a use full reading light.
- Lamps and switches in bedrooms should be at a convenient distance from the beds so they are easy to operate
- Select light fixtures that complement the overall theme of your home as well as your furniture design
- Choose easy to maintain and clean fixtures that are will have easily available spares and accessories if needed for replacement
- Ensure that all the lighting fixture in children’s rooms are child safe bright. Avoid glass lamps and floor lamps for safety
There is a huge range of light fitting available and to help choose the ones that are suitable for your home a good starting point is to consult your friendly local electrician on the Gold Coast.
Home and Garden Articles1. Top Ten Unique Container Ideas For A Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
2. Upgrade Your Old Model Ac With New Air Conditioner Sales
Author: AAA Heating and Cooling
3. Why My Garage Door Isn’t Working? 4 Possible Reasons
Author: Thrifty Garage Door Repair
4. Decking Cost: Tips And Suggestions Before Buying
Author: Contemporary Pools
5. Extend Your Outdoor Space With Waterproof Retractable Awnings
Author: Steve Nakousis
6. Importance Of Having An Hvac Maintenance Plan
Author: Caloosa Cooling
7. Drywall Or Plaster In Naples, Florida. Which Is Better?
Author: Michael Smith
8. Three Outdoor Lights To Transform Your Garden In Orlando And Tampa Bay
Author: Lanai Lights
9. Roof Water Damage: Causes, Solutions, And Prevention In Duval
Author: ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF
10. How Fires Can Sometimes Result To Water Damages In Your Home
Author: ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF
11. Fix Plaster Walls: The First Step To Great Home Painting Results
Author: Christine Delongte
12. Bring Back Quality Hot Water In Water Heater With The Right Troubleshooting
Author: Climate Change YYC
13. Things To Look At When Hiring A Professional Painter For Your Building
Author: James John
14. Best Ways To Find A 24-hour Plumber In Your Area
Author: Bryson Kaleb
15. Choosing Residential Architects - 3 Things To Consider
Author: Taurus Inspro